Alt-W

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
K0HB
Old Man

Alt-W

Post by K0HB »

It is a feature of so many loggers anymore the it is almost a "standard", using the keystroke combination Alt-W to clear the QSO entry window.
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Alt-W

Post by G4POP »

Hi Hans,

I believe that Alt-W is a standard Windows operating system shortcut which closes the active window so we would not use that keyboard shortcut.

We use the 'Esc' key to clear the contents of the QSO input window which is what most software seems to use.
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Hans,

i´m not shure what you mean, but if you enter a wrong callsign in the log window and the fields are updated by external services like qrz.com or hamqth the easiest way is a doubleklich into the callsign field to delete all. ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
K0HB
Old Man

Post by K0HB »

G4POP wrote:Hi Hans,

I believe that Alt-W is a standard Windows operating system shortcut which closes the active window so we would not use that keyboard shortcut.

We use the 'Esc' key to clear the contents of the QSO input window which is what most software seems to use.

"CTRL-W" closes the active window.

"ALT-W" (also called "ALT-WIPE") is almost instinctive to contesters, as many contest loggers like CT, WriteLog, N1MM, etc, use it to clear the entry window.

But I can live with "ESC" too.

Since I like to log with my fingers on the keyboard, mouse clicking breaks the flow, especially in a pileup, having to find my correct position on the keyboard again.

Just a suggestion.
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Adding Alt-W = ESC
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH