Changing 'Pse QSL' when printing QSLs

Yes, this is the RTFM place, at your service
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Changing 'Pse QSL' when printing QSLs

Post by G4POP »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 22 May 2018, 22:43If you check your PMs, you will see that I have offered my services twice.

Yes, and all of your PM's were responded to, both your offers to assist and those requesting support

I will be more than happy to proof read the manual and suggest places where more detail or clarity is needed.

Thank you but again we have plenty of proof readers and testers, what we need is someone to write a completely new manual from scratch for version 1.0 due to the many developments over the years! Version 1.0 will continue to be available for those that want to use the legasy software long after V2.0 is released. This is not an edit or proof reading its a re-write?

So if anyone wants to volunteer to re-write the comlete user guide, in any language, they should contact me and I will ask them to re-write a section of the guide as a test run.

The potential volunteer must have an in depth working knowledge of all aspects of Log4OM and integrated software/enternal facilities e.g.

Winkeyer
SDR-Radio Consul and similar software
VSP
MySQL
CW Skinmmer
Bandmaster
AR and DXSpider clusters
RegEx
PSTrotator
FLDigi
WSJT/JTAlert/Gridtracker
The SOTA system and mapping projest
IOTA
LOTW
Eqsl
DXCC Awards
Awards supported by the awards manager
Clublog
HRDLog

Plus of course all of the other V1.0 Log4OM features e.g. Net Control, Contests and propogation reporting etc

The writing of the version 2.0 user guide and development of V2 YouTube tutorials is a seperate project and is best done by one of the development team because we have prior knowledge of the design.
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,

I do think it would be beneficial to get any manual tested by somebody who knows their way around computers who is also NOT an expert or that competent at using Log4OM. The manual will be needed by just that type of person, of which I am one.

A troubleshooting section or an FAQ section might help in reducing repetitive requests for help.

Cheers
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 23 May 2018, 10:56 Hi Terry,

I do think it would be beneficial to get any manual tested by somebody who knows their way around computers who is also NOT an expert or that competent at using Log4OM. The manual will be needed by just that type of person, of which I am one.

A troubleshooting section or an FAQ section might help in reducing repetitive requests for help.

Cheers

As I have said we already have proof readers that are not part of the development team and of course all of the users who from time to time comment as you do.

There is an FAQ area on this forum, do you think we also need to repeat it in the user guide?
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,

Yes, I do think the FAQ should be included in the manual. If the idea of the manual is to reduce the load on support, that is where trouble-shooting needs to be.

Maybe a troubleshooting index with links to the relevant part of the manual. The links would appear as the problem. For example, "CAT does not seem to work" would lead to the section for setting up the CAT system. If somebody were searching the manual, would there be a way of adding searchable keywords to the links. Somebody may search using "CAT" and "broken".

Please let me know if you think I can be of any help.

Guy
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 23 May 2018, 11:26 Hi Terry,

Yes, I do think the FAQ should be included in the manual. If the idea of the manual is to reduce the load on support, that is where trouble-shooting needs to be.

Maybe a troubleshooting index with links to the relevant part of the manual. The links would appear as the problem. For example, "CAT does not seem to work" would lead to the section for setting up the CAT system. If somebody were searching the manual, would there be a way of adding searchable keywords to the links. Somebody may search using "CAT" and "broken".

Please let me know if you think I can be of any help.

Guy

When we find a volunteer to re-write the user guide I will request that we add an FAQ section.

Searching the user guide by CAT produces 253 entries already! 'Broken'is not a word we would choose to use for such issues but who knows what may happen in the future.
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Terry,

Broken is a word a user may use, especially if English is not their mother tongue. That should be taken into account.

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT