Log4OM and screen resolution

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
G4AON
Advanced Class

Log4OM and screen resolution

Post by G4AON » 11 Sep 2019, 10:12

Running several programs on a new laptop, it became apparent that some are not "DPI Aware" and therefore can display poorly. One of these programs is Log4OM, which is "Unaware" of the screen resolution.

Can consideration be given to correcting the display resolution issue with Log4OM so it is Windows display compatible?

The Microsoft Process tool from Sysinternals shows which programs are "Per Monitor Aware" and will display correctly. The tool is located at:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysint ... s-explorer

73 Dave

IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Log4OM and screen resolution

Post by IW3HMH » 11 Sep 2019, 20:44

Hi Dave,
all attempts to make Log4OM DPI aware (per monitor) broken into the split container control, that is definitely not DPI aware and won't resize properly.
In V2 i'm trying to deal with, overriding the user control to make it dpi aware, but at this time i never got a success.
The ideal technology, to the date, is to work with WPF but it has an impressive inefficiency when working with grids containing large data.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH

G4AON
Advanced Class

Re: Log4OM and screen resolution

Post by G4AON » 11 Sep 2019, 20:55

Hi Daniele

I hope the problem can be resolved. Some amateur radio software is fine, some not. It becomes a minor issue with a laptop that has a 396mm (15.6”) diagonal screen and 1920 x 1080 resolution.

73 Dave