Net Control

Post Reply
KD4QKO
Novice Class
Posts: 4
Joined: 25 Mar 2020, 04:11

Net Control

Post by KD4QKO » 26 Mar 2020, 01:53

In a previous computer, I tried net control and now when I want to use it I cannot find it. According to the manual I need to look under the utilities tab, but it's not there. Any suggestions?
Thanks for a great product.

User avatar
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team
Posts: 441
Joined: 16 Aug 2015, 16:30

Re: Net Control

Post by KI5IO » 26 Mar 2020, 02:22

KD4QKO wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 01:53
In a previous computer, I tried net control and now when I want to use it I cannot find it. According to the manual I need to look under the utilities tab, but it's not there. Any suggestions?
Thanks for a great product.
Bill,

Dunno what User Guide you are looking at. I just did a search for Net Control in the current UG and could not find it. The most current one for V2 of Log4OM is dated: March 23, 2020 - 9:47AM

The Net Control is not currently noted in the V2 UG as that option has not yet been enabled.

It is available in V2, but (as noted) has not yet been enabled in V2.

That will be a future item in a future release/update of V2.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX

KD4QKO
Novice Class
Posts: 4
Joined: 25 Mar 2020, 04:11

Re: Net Control

Post by KD4QKO » 26 Mar 2020, 02:48

Using the one from your website: Updated: 14/11/2019 8:03 AM. Page 157
guess I was looking at version 1 on my old computer, but it looked useful. Hopefully you will include it in version 2.
Many thanks.

User avatar
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team
Posts: 441
Joined: 16 Aug 2015, 16:30

Re: Net Control

Post by KI5IO » 26 Mar 2020, 02:53

KD4QKO wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 02:48
Using the one from your website: Updated: 14/11/2019 8:03 AM. Page 157
guess I was looking at version 1 on my old computer, but it looked useful. Hopefully you will include it in version 2.
Many thanks.
Bill,

You should install V2 of Log4OM, get your feet wet and comfortable and you will be ready then when Net Control in V2 is released.

However, in the meantime you can use Net Control in V1. Many OMs are currently using both V1 and V2 so they can use Net Control. Both version can be run at the same time as they do not use the same database.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX

ah6fx
Novice Class
Posts: 23
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 07:03

Re: Net Control

Post by ah6fx » 26 Mar 2020, 16:32

Noland,

Please tell Bill how to export his Net Control entries from ver 1 and import them into ver2. Terry did that for me recently and it is a good work-around until Net Control is integrated into ver2.

Danny
AH6FX/W4, Virinia

ah6fx
Novice Class
Posts: 23
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 07:03

Re: Net Control

Post by ah6fx » 26 Mar 2020, 16:33

... make that Virginia ... what wood the governor think about me misspelling our state :D

User avatar
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team
Posts: 441
Joined: 16 Aug 2015, 16:30

Re: Net Control

Post by KI5IO » 26 Mar 2020, 18:59

ah6fx wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 16:32
Noland,

Please tell Bill how to export his Net Control entries from ver 1 and import them into ver2. Terry did that for me recently and it is a good work-around until Net Control is integrated into ver2.

Danny
AH6FX/W4, Virinia
Danny,

This might be the thread you were referring to ...

https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php? ... ort#p27220
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX

ah6fx
Novice Class
Posts: 23
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 07:03

Re: Net Control

Post by ah6fx » 27 Mar 2020, 13:32

Noland,

This is a portion of my posting related to the net control feature ...

"""""User avatar
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team
Posts: 6518

Re: Net Control

Post by G4POP » 04 Mar 2020, 12:10
Danny,
I agree it was a great tool and a lot of my UK friends miss it.

It's on the Mantis to do list but I can't say when of even if it will be added

Meanwhile I am still using Version 1 for net control and exporting an ADIF file to import into version 2
73 Terry G4POP
Top

ah6fx
Novice Class
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 02:03
Contact: Contact ah6fx

Re: Net Control

Post by ah6fx » 04 Mar 2020, 15:56
Terry -- glad Net Control is on the to-do list. Good idea about using version 1 but big file to import for such few loggings relatively ... altho I know adif import will ignore dupes. Keep up the good work.

Danny
AH6FX/W4

User avatar
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team
Posts: 6518

Re: Net Control

Post by G4POP » 04 Mar 2020, 16:54
Danny
Don't export the complete database just those worked on the nets say once a week, use QSO manager
73 Terry G4POP"""""""""

unquoted
------- Noland -- I do that work-around. It works well as we hope for the addition of the net control feature in ver2. Thanks for your help Noland.

Regards,
Danny
AH6FX/W4 -- Virginia

Post Reply