Printing Log

General discussions about Log4OM features
W3LI
Old Man

Printing Log

Post by W3LI »

When printed, the log drops the minutes in the UTC column ie; 22:5..., also, the Band and Grid are not shown even though I added them to the log page. I went to the
VIEW Configuration page and added Band and Grid. I have adjusted column widths as necessary to accommodate the new columns. However, when I print the page it always comes out the same. UTC, incomplete, the QTH column is much wider than it needs to be, do not need the END time. It seems like the printed log is not able to be changed.
Having said all of this, maybe I am not saving my changes correctly or maybe I'm not using the correct printing procedure.
Help and ideas would be appreciated. BTW all else is working great.
Andy, W3LI

Found the answer, Logbook not configurable as per User Manual. Too bad, disappointed. At least the time should be printed. Back to pen and paper log.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Printing Log

Post by IW3HMH »

Wow, you go back to the middle age just for pdf print of log? :)
Pse remember there is a CSV export function that will create a CSV file that can be open in Excel and printed as you like.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

By the way the issue is fixed in the upcoming release, and a more customizable view is planned for next release.
Please take note that printing log to paper is subject to paper size and character readability.

The format used for printing is a standard view used in Italy that i kept as reference. Dunno if other countries has different specs
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Daniele, thank you very much for your replies. I have a reason for needing a paper copy for Our EMA folks. Long story though. The form you have there would be fine if the UTC time were at least hours and minutes. Grid squares would be handy but not absolutely needed. I have never known anyone to keep End Times, maybe in Italy it is required.
There is plenty of room on a standard 8.5 x 11 sheet of copy paper.
I tried the CSV facility several times and failed, not your fault, I'm not a computer person. May contact Terry or Chuck.
Both Terry and Chuck have spent considerable time with me on Skype and the Phone working out my bugs, Hi HI
The good news is that I have passed this program on to some friends and they are trying it. One fellow has already signed in W3RFK, I hope the others do also.
Bring on the new release please.
Andy, W3LI
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

New release working fine.
Andy, W3LI