Flex 6600m connecting to LOG4OM

General discussions V2
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Flex 6600m connecting to LOG4OM

Post by G4POP »

Colin,
I just checked the user guide and as far as I can see its still applicable to using Log4OM with the Flexradio 660 and slicemaster, however I wonder if you overlooked the following in our user guide?

Do Not Use Slice Master and OmniRig Simultaneously
Though Slice Master offers several advantages, some operators may prefer not to use it. As is documented elsewhere, Log4OM can be configured to use OmniRig as for rig control. OmniRig can interface to the FlexRadio SmartCAT software via serial ports – one port for each slice receiver. OmniRig will treat the serial ports as separate radio’s and will be limited to controlling two slices.

Because OmniRig is started automatically by some programs, it is important not to have both OmniRig and Slice Master configured at the same time. If you elect to use Slice Master, you should change the OmniRig settings to point at unused Serial ports or radios set to None to prevent unwanted CAT commands being sent to the radio. If you are manually configuring programs to for CAT while running Slice Master, you should use either Hamlib or Rigcat within those applications, not Omnirig.
73 Terry G4POP
gw1kgw
New user

Post by gw1kgw »

Thanks Terry.
Yes i'd re read it and eventually went back to basics with Omnirig and also watched the Flexradio youtube vid on how to set up the multiple Cat ports in Smart SDR.
To start with I could get Log4OM to see the frequency from the slice on the 6600M, but not from the SmartSDR slice on the PC.
After a bit of fiddling about with the cat ports, i've got a connection via Omirig Log4OM and the SmartSDR slice on the PC.
I've still only got the SmartSDR sinlge slice being seen by Log4OM - but that's good enough for now for how i want to run it.

cheers
Colin
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

gw1kgw wrote: 17 Oct 2022, 13:37
I've still only got the SmartSDR sinlge slice being seen by Log4OM - but that's good enough for now for how i want to run it.
Connect the other slice as rig 2 in Omnirig
73 Terry G4POP