OMNIRIG shutdown

K0HB
Old Man

OMNIRIG shutdown

Post by K0HB »

If using the program in standalone mode I set my CAT control to OMNIRIG.

On a contest weekend I use N1MM+ for CAT control, and feed my N1MM+ data to Log4OM via UDP. In this case I launch Log4OM first, and set CAT Engine to "Nothing". Log4OM then (as expected) shows frequency as "OFFLINE", but OMNIRIG actually continues to "lurk" in a running state, preventing N1MM+ from assuming control of the CAT.

To get rid of this OMNIRIG instance it is necessary to exit Log4OM completely, and then re-launch both Log4OM and N1MM+.

It would be nice if setting CAT Engine to "NOTHING" in Log4OM would effect a complete termination of OMNIRIG.
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com
PE5TT
Advanced Class

Re: OMNIRIG shutdown

Post by PE5TT »

I suggest using DXlog.net instead of N1MM , it supports Omnirig so Log4OM and DXlog.net can use the transceiver simultaneously
73 Marcel de PE5TT www.daverveld.eu
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

PE5TT wrote: 20 Aug 2022, 08:49 I suggest using DXlog.net instead of N1MM , it supports Omnirig so Log4OM and DXlog.net can use the transceiver simultaneously
Marcel,

Looks like a good option. I'm downloading to look it over for the few times I use n1mm.

Tnx for suggestion.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
K0HB
Old Man

Post by K0HB »

PE5TT wrote: 20 Aug 2022, 08:49 I suggest using DXlog.net instead of N1MM , it supports Omnirig so Log4OM and DXlog.net can use the transceiver simultaneously
N1MM+ is ingrained into my contesting workflow, just as is Log4OM for my "main station log". At age 82, I need to stay with the programs which are part of my "muscle memory". I use Log4OM everyday, and N1MM+ at least once a week for some contest or another.

So I appreciate the suggestion, but respectfully repeat my original request.

Could Log4OM please release OmniRig without requiring an exit and relaunch.
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

K0HB wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 05:15
N1MM+ is ingrained into my contesting workflow, just as is Log4OM for my "main station log". At age 82, I need to stay with the programs which are part of my "muscle memory". I use Log4OM everyday, and N1MM+ at least once a week for some contest or another.

So I appreciate the suggestion, but respectfully repeat my original request.

Could Log4OM please release OmniRig without requiring an exit and relaunch.
Hans,

I've added your request to the Mantis list for consideration.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX