Start time

G4AON
Old Man

Start time

Post by G4AON »

I'm using version 2.23.0.0

In the past, I am fairly certain that when I clicked on a station on the DX Cluster it set the time when I moved the mouse and clicked on Operators name, Note area, etc.

Now I see the Start time is not fixed to the time of clicking elsewhere, it only seems to fix the time if I manually enter a call and press <TAB> to move to another field. It doesn't fix the time if I type a call and click the mouse elsewhere either.

I have tried ticking and un-ticking the "Set QSO Start time when leaving callsign field" but it doesn't resolve the issue.

Any ideas?

73 Dave
G4AON
Old Man

Re: Start time

Post by G4AON »

I have resolved the issue, version 2.22.0.0 doesn't suffer from the start time problem that has appeared in ver 2.23.0.0, so I have reverted back to the earlier version.

73 Dave
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You can't please all of the people all of the time! :D :D :D :D :D

We had a lot of users saying that they did not want the start time set on a single or double click of a cluster spot because most of the time they don't immediately make contact either because an existing QSO had not finished or because they were in a pile up and it could be ages after clicking the spot that they eventually make contact.

If you check the box in the config to set the start time on leaving the call sign field, then it just takes a tap on the 'Tab' button to set the time.
73 Terry G4POP
G4AON
Old Man

Post by G4AON »

G4POP wrote: 26 Sep 2022, 09:46 You can't please all of the people all of the time! :D :D :D :D :D

<SNIP>
If you check the box in the config to set the start time on leaving the call sign field, then it just takes a tap on the 'Tab' button to set the time.
Terry, the check box in config could be updated to give the option that worked well in 2.22.00.

The problem occurs when clicking on a cluster spot with a mouse, you don’t naturally then reach for the keyboard <TAB> key, you are likely to click with your mouse… in 2.22 that froze the start time, but doesn’t in 2.23, hence my reason for querying the issue in the first place.

73 Dave
N1FG
Advanced Class

Post by N1FG »

Hi Dave,

Don't know if this may help, but what I do is to use the mouse to click the lock icon on the start time when I start the QSO. You don't have to use the keyboard at all.

Larry N1FG
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4AON wrote: 26 Sep 2022, 11:20
G4POP wrote: 26 Sep 2022, 09:46 You can't please all of the people all of the time! :D :D :D :D :D

<SNIP>
Terry, the check box in config could be updated to give the option that worked well in 2.22.00.

The problem occurs when clicking on a cluster spot with a mouse, you don’t naturally then reach for the keyboard <TAB> key, you are likely to click with your mouse… in 2.22 that froze the start time, but doesn’t in 2.23, hence my reason for querying the issue in the first place.

73 Dave
Well my normal next action is to record the RST received from the other party which requires me to either tab to the RST field or mouse click in it, either of which moves the cursor and sets the start time
73 Terry G4POP
SP5NZF
Novice Class

Post by SP5NZF »

I use mouse not keyboard because I move to OP and comments (RST usually stays untouched).
IMHO p.35 of the manual i.e. (time is freezed when one leaves Callsign field ) dictates proper behavior.

I know it is not a critical bug but it IS very annoying and creating many errors in QSO start time (important for contests) and degrading user experience.

So prompt fix will be much appreciated.

Best regards and thanks again for great logbook!