2.24 crashes after every ADIF export

k4em
Advanced Class

2.24 crashes after every ADIF export

Post by k4em »

Just upgraded to 2.24 and executed an adif export to 2 different usb sticks. When export is finished log4om 2.24 crashes. I tried this 3 times and crashed every time. I've been exporting adif files on every version I've used in 2 years, never had an issue. Prior to upgrading to 2.24 I exported using version 2.23, no issues.
It works fine when exporting to my hard drive.
When I start, I select 'Export selected fields' and check everything, then select my usb stick and start export, I then get the 'Export Completed' message and Log4om then crashes.
Never had an issue with previous versions.

Dave
k4em
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: 2.24 crashes after every ADIF export

Post by G4POP »

Dave,
I have tried to emulate this from the QSO Manager and also recent QSO window both with export selected fields and without but cannot replicate the issue.

Could it be the USB drives are corrupted or perhaps you are using a hub instead of plugging the sticks directly to a USB port on the PC?

This is the only time a user has reported this so I suspect its a local issue, what does the log file show if you put it into trace mode before doing the export?

Do not post log files on the forum
73 Terry G4POP
k4em
Advanced Class

Re: 2.24 crashes after every ADIF export

Post by k4em »

It appears I have 2 bad usb sticks. I tried a 3rd & 4th usb stick without issue. Weird it worked with 2.23 prior to upgrade. The second usb stick I never backed up to it before.
I am satisfied all is working, just bad hardware.
Thank you for verifying it all works on your end.

Dave
k4em