KIndex & AIndex fields not populating

ah6fx
Advanced Class

KIndex & AIndex fields not populating

Post by ah6fx »

Hello Terry,

Just noticed my log at "Recent QSO's" tab is not showing populated data fields for KIndex and AIndex. However Sfi is populated.

The black info bar at the top right of my main screen shows Kp: 0 ... A: 0 ... SFI 136 ... Sunspot 67. SFI and SS data is recorded ok, current SFI for this period. [[ as of January 31, 2023]]

Also my Solar Flux Information tab does not record or show any data for A or K data. The rest of the data fields seem ok.

Per my "Recent QSO's" log, the date of my last entry with full K & A index and SFI data was November 13th, 2022. That is not to say that is the last date we had full data. I am semi-active and have [unwittingly] recorded several months of loggings experiencing the same situation.

Any ideas of how I can get complete solar data?

FYI -- Using Log4OM2 version 2.23.0.0 and ran updates. Using a Dell XPS 8930 running Windows 10 Pro - version 10.0.19045 Build 19045- 64 bit w/Intel Core i7-9700 CPU @ 3 GHz. No other programs were running except for Mozilla, and very few other programs were installed on the computer at that point except for Microsoft Office.

Thanks

Danny
AH6FX/W4 -- Virginia, USA
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: KIndex & AIndex fields not populating

Post by KI5IO »

Danny,

Pls update to V 2.26.0.3 (Beta) for one.

As for the Solar Data information ... occasionally the servers that provide that data drop out, but usually not for very long at all.

Below is a screen clip of my Main UI upper right showing the Solar Data as of ~22.23.00 UTC today.

Attachments
SolarData.JPG
SolarData.JPG (24.48 KiB) Viewed 398 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
ah6fx
Advanced Class

Post by ah6fx »

Nolan,

Thanks for the info. Did not realize there was an update. I usually update when I get those pop-up reminders from Log4OM announcing a new version; but have not seen any lately. Anyways - just installed the latest stable version. Everything is good.

Thanks for your help.

Danny
AH6FX/W4
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

ah6fx wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 15:23 Nolan,

Thanks for the info. Did not realize there was an update. I usually update when I get those pop-up reminders from Log4OM announcing a new version; but have not seen any lately. Anyways - just installed the latest stable version. Everything is good.

Thanks for your help.

Danny
AH6FX/W4
Danny,

Don't hesitate to install V 2.26.0.3 ... I've been using the .3 for many weeks as have many other OMs. A number of fixes and enhancements with .3 ...

Also you can control the Update Flags at: Settings / Configuration / Program Settings. Two checkboxes for checking on 'updates' and 'public beta updates'. Or "not" checking on such if not selected. ;)
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX