Help Needed

k0did
Novice Class

Help Needed

Post by k0did »

Greetings,

Admins, Do you offer more in-depth support, even paid. Logging has gone from bad to worse and I cannot figure out what is the matter. I am willing to share screens, talk on phone or whatever but I believe this is beyond forum assistance

History
KML exports no longer work. Tried reinstall etc. no resolution.
Web Page generation is now blank.
Digital modes are logged yet the LOG4OM2 log shows the inbound message from JTDX.

K0DID
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Help Needed

Post by DF5WW »

viewtopic.php?t=8218&sid=91d968c074881e ... 2e99e73a60

For the next time .... Please give your Thread a title that can be found wit the forum search. Like "KLM export don´t works" or
things like this. That´s more helpful for others to find it with a search.

😉😉👍👍
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

UAC, File or folder permissions, anti virus, firewalls etc
73 Terry G4POP
k0did
Novice Class

Resolved: Help Needed

Post by k0did »

Will be more precise next time.
Many issues caused I believe by a gridsquare issue, I have done nothing else that would resolve the issues.

Nearly all of my 6000 records had 4 digit gridsquares, I did a mass delete of gridsquare info and did a mass update of info through the QSO manager and now KML export works, web export is working again and it seems things are running smoother.

Also followed the "wrong gridsquare" threads and resolved the 4 digit gridsquare being populated as well as the frequent wrong physical location being shown on the maps.
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Currently looking at the grid square issue so please stand by on that.

Can you be more descriptive on other issues.

On the web page upload please delete the files in the output folder you designated in the Log4OM settings. That way we can verify a new HTML file is being generated. If so, then we need to verify your upload.

Is Log4OM generating the Earth KML file.

I can potentially help you one on one with the KML and Webpage issue but not the Grid issue.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
k0did
Novice Class

Post by k0did »

I would venture this is a bug in a way or a simple garbage in garbage out issue.
Not sure this can be duplicated but a simple try is to have 5 QSO with 4 having gridsquare as 6 digits and 1 having gridsquare as 4 digit (as incorrect settings from Gridtracker can cause).

That DB having been created only 6000+ QSO with that data error 2 things happened to me;
Web page export was created and ftp uploaded as expected but there are no QSO in the list only the header/footer of the html file.

All QSO can be exported as KML successfully however, selections and filter/query on the QSO list will make it look as though the KML is exported and written but the file is not saved to the hard drive at all, it simply is not written to the drive.

Now fix the 4 digit gridsquare problem and all of it works.

Not sure why this had not popped up before 2 years I have used LOG4OM2 both the web export worked and KML exports would work for all but I never tried a select few to export before a week ago.

Jerry
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Jerry,

We are working on the grid issue as Lele has identified the culprit. But I don't know of any issues with the KML or webpage update. I am actually using both of those daily and have seen no hiccup with those features.

Can you test the webpage creation by changing the path and file name of the HTM and checking the result of the HTM file?

As far as the KML can you give me a filter example so I can test?

Rich
kd0zv
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team