Signal meter display (option)

VK4IM
Novice Class

Signal meter display (option)

Post by VK4IM »

Hi

I wonder if Omnirig or the like allows for a signal "S" meter readings to be exported and displayed somewhere in the logger?

Not to populate the RST field, but rather allow the operator to view a signal reading while typing in information. (I don't touch type). I find sometimes when working a pile up, or concentrating on a weak signal, I have to take my eyes off the screen to give a report, often resulting in "I'll give your report on the next over".

Perhaps the "S" meter could go just above the start and end times as a simple bar graph.

Cheers
Adam VK4IM
CT1BXX
Old Man

Re: Signal meter display (option)

Post by CT1BXX »

Hello Adam.

Your idea is quiet interesting, however you can have same result or evean better with FLRig.
With FLRig you could have a complete command with your transceiver.

Of curse It would be better to have all within Log4OM , but while we do not have it, I think FLRig is a very good tool for that purpose.

In case you want to see a bit more http://www.w1hkj.com/flrig-help/
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
VK4IM
Novice Class

Post by VK4IM »

Thank you Manuel

I'll have a play after work today

Cheers
Adam VK4IM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK4IM wrote: 16 Mar 2023, 06:12 Hi

I wonder if Omnirig or the like allows for a signal "S" meter readings to be exported and displayed somewhere in the logger?

Not to populate the RST field, but rather allow the operator to view a signal reading while typing in information. (I don't touch type). I find sometimes when working a pile up, or concentrating on a weak signal, I have to take my eyes off the screen to give a report, often resulting in "I'll give your report on the next over".

Perhaps the "S" meter could go just above the start and end times as a simple bar graph.

Cheers
Adam VK4IM
Having checked several Omnirig rig ini files I have not found one that provides any S meter information so if its not available from Omnirig we cannot provide it
73 Terry G4POP