Unable to Send Spots

N4CQ
Advanced Class

Unable to Send Spots

Post by N4CQ »

I have searched the forum for similar problem but did not find anything to help. I am not longer able to send spots from the main screen. The orange button on the main screen will not do anything when clicked, and therefore I cannot send spots from that screen. I can send spots from the Telnet window. I have reloaded the software without success.

I have a laptop running the same software (v26) that works as it should.

Any help to resolve the problem is appreciated.

Dave
N4CQ
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Unable to Send Spots

Post by KI5IO »

N4CQ wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 11:47 I have searched the forum for similar problem but did not find anything to help. I am not longer able to send spots from the main screen. The orange button on the main screen will not do anything when clicked, and therefore I cannot send spots from that screen. I can send spots from the Telnet window. I have reloaded the software without success.

I have a laptop running the same software (v26) that works as it should.

Any help to resolve the problem is appreciated.

Dave
N4CQ
Dave,

Are you using the same version of Log4OM on both computers?

You noted it is working on one, but not the other. I would first check the UAC, Firewall and related settings on the 'non-working' computer.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N4CQ
Advanced Class

Post by N4CQ »

Thanks for the reply, Nolan. Yes, same Log4OM software version and same WIN11 on both computers. Both computers are on the same network/same router.

UAC - I don't recognize that abbreviation.

When I click on the orange button, absolutely nothing happens. The SPOT screen does not come up. (The Log4OM banner at the top showing the version and configuration ID dims as well.) Seems like it must be a software glitch.

On the laptop, the SPOT screen comes up as it should and sends spots. Hope this additional info helps you understand.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Dave,

UAC = User Account Control settings

This is part of the Windows O/S. Sometimes having this control level set too high can cause limitations.

Click into Windows Settings and key in search for UAC and you should have a hot link to take you to the "User Account Control Settings"

At least it is an item to check.

Screen clip below is from my current settings.
Attachments
Windows-UAC.JPG
Windows-UAC.JPG (47.96 KiB) Viewed 421 times
Plano, TX
N4CQ
Advanced Class

Post by N4CQ »

Nolan,

OK, I know what that is. I set it to the lowest setting, no change on the SPOT window in Log4OM

Dave
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Dave,

When running the installation on the new/different computer are you also registered with the cluster server and set up to send spots on that cluster?

Just peeling the onion to try and get to what 'item' is not quite set up right. ;)
Plano, TX
N4CQ
Advanced Class

Post by N4CQ »

Nolan,

I have read threads that discuss registering with clusters. Frankly I am not sure how to do that (I have looked) so I would say that I have not registered with any cluster anywhere.

It is worth mentioning that the computer that will not send spots (at my home) was sending spots with the orange button at one time - perhaps several months ago. I do not recall exactly when sending failed, but it was in the not-too-distant past - maybe, maybe after one of the Log4OM software updates. I am just guessing, not sure.

In addition to the laptop, which is working, I have two other computers at my remote station 200 miles from home on a different LAN - both are sending spots with the orange button. Both running Win10 and Log4OM v26.

I will repeat that I cannot even get to the spot screen (with the green check) to show up any longer on the main page. I can send spots from the Telnet page. In fact, I sent my call on the spot simulation from Telnet page, and it showed up on the cluster screen as a simulation and on my computer cluster(F8). I thought that simulations were not supposed to do that

Sorry for the overload, just trying to give you everything that I know here.

Dave
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Dave,

I've reached out to some others for input as well.

Next question I have is this a single monitor PC? Or do you have or did you have multiple monitors connected at one time or another?

If there were multiple monitors (in the past) sometimes there will be an artifact that will have a window actually open, but be present on a monitor that is no longer connected.

Again ... just digging here.
Plano, TX
N4CQ
Advanced Class

Post by N4CQ »

Nolan,

I have run two monitors for quite some time on this PC. In the last couple of months (can't recall exactly when), I added a third monitor to this computer. Do you think it might helpif I disconnect one or more monitors to see if the spot screen shows up?

Dave
N4CQ
Advanced Class

Post by N4CQ »

Nolan,

OK you won't believe this, or maybe you will. I disconnected the last monitor that I added, and the main UI screen moved to one of the other monitors and the spot screen showed up on the second monitor. Usually the spot screen comes up on top of the same screen as the main UI.

So, how do I fix this because I want to use the third monitor, or do I just need to play around with it some?

Dave