New Release 2.27

General discussions V2
nd1x
Novice Class

New Release 2.27

Post by nd1x »

Tried to download the new release but when I click on download it goes to "oops page not available".

Tnx, John
ND1X
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: New Release 2.27

Post by KI5IO »

nd1x wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 14:39 Tried to download the new release but when I click on download it goes to "oops page not available".

Tnx, John
ND1X
John,

Website glitch that slipped through and has now been repaired.

All d/l's working FB.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KY4ROD
New user

Post by KY4ROD »

Is anyone having issues with automatic log uploads to QRZ since the upgrade to V2.27.0.0 ? Since the upgrade the automatic log updates to QRZ.com do not seem to be working. I checked my configuration to external services and everything seems fine and unchanged from V2.26.0.0. The QRZ API key is also correct, I removed the key and re-entered it and resaved the configuration. Automatic upload on new QSO is checked. It would normally post to QRZ within a couple of minutes, today I waited over 30 minutes and the upload never seemed to post. I am able to do an .adif file export from Log4OM and do a manual upload to QRZ and the upload posts fine to my WRZ log so I don't think the issue is with QRZ. When I did the manual log upload to QRZ, the upload was accepted and did not show any duplicate QSOs. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated ...

Thank you.
Rod Milligan
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

KY4ROD wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 17:28 Is anyone having issues with automatic log uploads to QRZ since the upgrade to V2.27.0.0 ? Since the upgrade the automatic log updates to QRZ.com do not seem to be working. I checked my configuration to external services and everything seems fine and unchanged from V2.26.0.0. The QRZ API key is also correct, I removed the key and re-entered it and resaved the configuration. Automatic upload on new QSO is checked. It would normally post to QRZ within a couple of minutes, today I waited over 30 minutes and the upload never seemed to post. I am able to do an .adif file export from Log4OM and do a manual upload to QRZ and the upload posts fine to my WRZ log so I don't think the issue is with QRZ. When I did the manual log upload to QRZ, the upload was accepted and did not show any duplicate QSOs. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated ...

Thank you.
Rod Milligan
Rod,

Are these Q's being made from an FTxx or JTxx source? IE: Via UDP Inbound Connections?

if that is the case have you removed all your former connections and rebuilt them with the new functionality that is noted in Bullet #4 of the Release Notes?
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I just checked and auto upload to all on line logs is working fine

Please read release notes for version 2.27.1.0 re changes to UDP
73 Terry G4POP
SP2L
Advanced Class

Post by SP2L »

Greetings.

I concur with predecessors - same issue here.
Automatic upload doesn't work, whereas manual is O.K.
Automatic upload to LoTW on program closing works O.K.

Best regards.
Tom - SP2L
Best regards.
Tom - SP2L
https://www.sp2l.eu
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

SP2L wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 19:00 Greetings.

I concur with predecessors - same issue here.
Automatic upload doesn't work, whereas manual is O.K.
Automatic upload to LoTW on program closing works O.K.

Best regards.
Tom - SP2L
Tom,

Did you look at Terry's post just above yours?

Read the Release Notes about UDP changes under Bullet #4.
Plano, TX
KY4ROD
New user

Post by KY4ROD »

Thank You for all your help and pointing me in the correct direction. Upon closer examination of the release notes and the manual its now working!

Everything was working fine for months with v.2.26.0.0 until I upgraded this morning to V2.27.0.0. No changes were made to the config to Log4OM, I simply upgraded the version. I did not realize that it was necessary to update the connections settings in Log4OM after preforming the upgrade to V2.27.0.0 after you added support for the user parameters in the Inbound Connections.

My issue was with the FT4 and FT8 QSOs. I am using WSJT-X and Grid Tracker. WSJT-X communicated via UDP Port 2237 to Gridtracker passes the information onto Log4OM via UDP port 2238 as a JT Message / ADIF Messages.

I redid the connections in Log4OM by simply editing the existing connections as suggested. I simply opened the Connections config and used the PRESET BUTTON button for "ADIF from GT/JTAlert", it changed my default UDP port from 2238 to 2234 and selected the proper options for the inbound UDP Parameters from GridTracker. I then changed the UPD port in Gridtracker from 2238 to 2234 to match Log4OM and saved the config. I restarted WSJT- X, GridTracker and Log4OM and now EVERTYHING NOW APPEARS TO BE WORKING AS IT SHOULD !

Thank You for the help, it is greatly appreciated !!!

One other "quirk" I noticed is when the FT4 or FT8 QSO is passed to Log4OM, the Operator name field in sometimes blank, its populated in the information pane from the lookup, however when its written to the log the Operator name field is blank. It seems to be a random occurence with the operator name field showing in the log as blank.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP AND QUICK RESPONSES ... Its greatly appreciated!
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

KY4ROD wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 19:34 One other "quirk" I noticed is when the FT4 or FT8 QSO is passed to Log4OM, the Operator name field in sometimes blank, its populated in the information pane from the lookup, however when its written to the log the Operator name field is blank. It seems to be a random occurence with the operator name field showing in the log as blank.
What info provider are you using? I am using QRZ and testing now but have not noticed any issues logging the Operator name.

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Because each of the FT8/4 programes like WSJT, JTDX, JTAlert etc have differing ideas on what and how data should be transfered to other software we have just spent a solid two weeks re-writing the UDP system on Log4OM

Users now are able to select which particular JT software they want to connect to and decide on what update as below.

1) decide if you want to update data using external sources (USE_EXTERNAL_DATA)
2) decide if you want to update GRIDSQUARE (UPDATE_GRIDSQUARE)
3) decide if you want to UPLOAD QSO to external sources (UPLOAD_QSO)
4) decide if you want to update CQ values (UPDATE_CQ_ITUZONE)
5) decide if you want to save a QSO through JT message (ex message12 option)

All of this is covered in the release notes and user guide which accomanies version 2.27.1.0 SO PLEASE READ THEM before posting here for help!

These EXTRA enhancements also apply to the ADIF Monitor facility.

Users must delete old UDP connections and establish new ones
73 Terry G4POP