Version 2.27.1.0 problem

VK7XX
Old Man

Re: Version 2.27.1.0 problem

Post by VK7XX »

G4POP wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 21:14 Now I understand your issue but not the cause!

Can you set debug mode in the help menu

Have a qso, so that the lack of name saving happens

From the help menu, create a support request and email it to me at my email address shown on qrz
I am sorry Terry, I am having severe mental health issues at the moment and just cannot concentrate enough to do this. I have gone back to the previous release, which works flawlessly..

I am really surprised that no one else has mentioned that they are also having this problem and that they can help out with the debug stuff. Again, sorry.. If my stupid mind clears in the next day or so I will try to to the reinstall and debug thing, meanwhile I hope that I am not alone in this problem.

Cheers
John
VK2QR
Novice Class

Post by VK2QR »

G'day guys
Yes I am having the same issue, no names are populated in the log, I have a full QRZ subscription and since upgrade to 2.27 no names. Really I'm no going to bother with this any longer just going back to older version that works correctly. Why not make it easier for all involved and just post the fix instead of directing everyone to read the instruction manual. Damb everything else works, very frustrating!
VK2QR
Novice Class

Post by VK2QR »

Ok after not wanting to let this get the better of me, I went in search of the answer. It is found on page 54 of the latest user manual. This explains the data that is looked up during the QSO is not the data that is saved in the database. Especially when using an external program such as WSjtx or JT alert.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (134.67 KiB) Viewed 743 times
I found I had to remove my previously set UDP inbound connections and make new ones using the old ports I had setup in the previous version. It appears the UDP setup is slightly different in 2.27 to what was in vers 2.26. Everything else in the old configuration worked but not the UDP inbound messages. That is why the operator name was not saved in the database.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK2QR wrote: 24 Mar 2023, 09:16 I found I had to remove my previously set UDP inbound connections and make new ones using the old ports I had setup in the previous version. It appears the UDP setup is slightly different in 2.27 to what was in vers 2.26. Everything else in the old configuration worked but not the UDP inbound messages. That is why the operator name was not saved in the database.

Did you not read this or any of the other similar posts on social media? viewtopic.php?t=8260
73 Terry G4POP
DF2MC
Advanced Class

Post by DF2MC »

Hi,
I have the same problem with the new version of Log4OM2_2_27_1_0, versions before all was fine.
But when I click on -update info- in the QSO manager, all missing data (name,QTH) are transferd into the correct, previously empty fields
in resent QSO or QSO-Manager Window .
VY 73 Hans DF2MC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DF2MC wrote: 24 Mar 2023, 10:16 Hi,
I have the same problem with the new version of Log4OM2_2_27_1_0, versions before all was fine.
But when I click on -update info- in the QSO manager, all missing data (name,QTH) are transferd into the correct, previously empty fields
in resent QSO or QSO-Manager Window .
VY 73 Hans DF2MC

First line viewtopic.php?t=8260
73 Terry G4POP
F5OYA
Novice Class

Post by F5OYA »

i have a same PB le Log dont capture Name Adress

i'm use portable Version , i just unzip version 2.27.1 Beta on a same Dir , a same PB

i just unzip version 2.26 on a same Dir , clear PB .

for wait patch , i use this one
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

F5OYA wrote: 07 Apr 2023, 15:43 i have a same PB le Log dont capture Name Adress

i'm use portable Version , i just unzip version 2.27.1 Beta on a same Dir , a same PB

i just unzip version 2.26 on a same Dir , clear PB .

for wait patch , i use this one
Olivier,

There is no patch coming for this as it is a matter of you not reading the Release Notes and following the instructions for deleting and then re-installing your UDP connections for the FTxx operations.

Look at the information at this link: viewtopic.php?t=8260

Follow the instructions and the latest release of Log4OM will work FB for you.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
k1xh
Novice Class

Post by k1xh »

I have the same problem.
The name AND address appear in the callsign area, it has and still is, working properly. But when the exchange is over and the data is logged, the name and address do NOT appear in the log.
I also am running FT8 with JTDX.

This behavior is new, the older version worked fine.

Micky K1XH
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

k1xh wrote: 04 May 2023, 04:16 I have the same problem.
The name AND address appear in the callsign area, it has and still is, working properly. But when the exchange is over and the data is logged, the name and address do NOT appear in the log.
I also am running FT8 with JTDX.

This behavior is new, the older version worked fine.

Micky K1XH
Micky,

Read first line of this post: viewtopic.php?t=8260

Have you DELETED and REBUILT your UDP Inbound Connections since installing the latest release?
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX