Changes to minimize questions

WA2SQQ
Old Man

Changes to minimize questions

Post by WA2SQQ »

Submitted for your consideration, I have two suggestions, one of which would decrease questions after each update is released.

1. When changes or new features are released, would it be possible to include the page number for each topic, in the release notes? The manual is very detailed, and extensive, which may intimidate some users. Human nature motivates people to take the easiest path – “ask questions to support”.

2. In the “View” – “Award Status” section, each time you access this feature you must select the award you want. Many people will more frequently be checking the same award, like DXCC. Would it be possible to add an option to “select a default award” or at least have it remember the last award you selected?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Changes to minimize questions

Post by G4POP »

1. When changes or new features are released, would it be possible to include the page number for each topic, in the release notes? The manual is very detailed, and extensive, which may intimidate some users. Human nature motivates people to take the easiest path – “ask questions to support”.

The user guide is searchable so just entering a keyword like UDP or Confirmation will locate the topic easily - Notating the release notes is problematical because they originate from our Mantis list and our own local notes it would require me to spend a lot of aditional time tiying the release note to a page number and sending that to lele for inclusion.

2. In the “View” – “Award Status” section, each time you access this feature you must select the award you want. Many people will more frequently be checking the same award, like DXCC. Would it be possible to add an option to “select a default award” or at least have it remember the last award you selected?

It could be possible to make the last viewed award persistant on restart but did you realise that you can reduce the award list displayed to just the ones that you participate in by using the Program config/User preferences/award preferences?

You could for instance de-activate all awards except the DXCC
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Re: Changes to minimize questions

Post by WA2SQQ »

Regarding #1, yes "search" is a good tool but I've run into situations where a term I'm looking for more info on is used several times, for different features. The release notes are posted, so it should be possible to simply add a page number.

Regarding #2, good suggestion which I was not aware of but having a default award that the user can configure would save one or two steps.

Thanks for the speedy reply and consideration