Internal cluster server response to login

ng7v
Advanced Class

Internal cluster server response to login

Post by ng7v »

I like to run SDRUno as a pan adapter with Log4OM2 and my win4Yaesu suite. SDRUno has a cluster client I use to post call signs on the waterfall. The cluster client expects a response to it's first connection which is a login string. The internal Log4OM server sees the login but does not respond to it other than with a new incoming spot.

Would it be possible to implement a new feature in the internal server to send a message upon a login from a client? Any string would be okay as long as it is documented somewhere. The SDRUno cluster client is configurable for that connection message.
Ron (NG7V)
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Internal cluster server response to login

Post by KI5IO »

ng7v wrote: 16 May 2023, 15:57 I like to run SDRUno as a pan adapter with Log4OM2 and my win4Yaesu suite. SDRUno has a cluster client I use to post call signs on the waterfall. The cluster client expects a response to it's first connection which is a login string. The internal Log4OM server sees the login but does not respond to it other than with a new incoming spot.

Would it be possible to implement a new feature in the internal server to send a message upon a login from a client? Any string would be okay as long as it is documented somewhere. The SDRUno cluster client is configurable for that connection message.
Ron,

Would setting a Telnet connection with needed commands possibly work for your situation?

Attachments
telnet.JPG
telnet.JPG (90.17 KiB) Viewed 6701 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
ng7v
Advanced Class

Post by ng7v »

Hi,
The internal telnet server for Log4OM is the part of the software that I am trying to describe. This is a server that is located inside Log4OM that is used for sending spots to other software on the pc or, to other users that want to receive spots from log4OM.

This server is really good for consolidating spots into a single stream. For example, I have 3 external clusters I receive spots from: VE7CC-1, HamAlert, SOTA. This is a consolidation of POTA, SOTA, RBN and others. These three sources are merged into one stream of spots that I use in Log4OM's cluster view but they are also sent to SDRUno's telnet/cluster client where they are used for posting callsigns on the waterfall.

This is what I see when SDRUno connects to the Internal server in Log4OM:

5/16/2023 5:37:54 PM : [127.0.0.1] Incoming connection from IP 127.0.0.1
5/16/2023 5:37:54 PM : [127.0.0.1] USER LOGON: NG7V

followed by a stream of spots that can come from any of the three telnet connections to the external servers.
Ron (NG7V)
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Ron,

Rich (kd0zv - also provides support) has, as best I recall, used the Internal Server. When he has a chance to see this post he may chime in and I'm also sure that Terry (g4pop) might add input as well.

I've never used that element myself so could only suggest the very high level I did above.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Nolan, I have not used the internal server at all. I am using SliceMaster with the Flex as an aggregate server so its all done there.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
ng7v
Advanced Class

Post by ng7v »

It seems there is no interest in this topic but it is still an issue for trying to run a consolidated view of many clusters. When an external app like SDRUno's cluster plugin connects to this internal server, it expects some sort of acknowledgement for having connected.

It wouldn't take much coding (maybe 4 loc) to add a response to a new connection. I don't see what the big deal is about this and in fact, it would improve log4om by making it friendlier to other apps that live on people's PC.
Ron (NG7V)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ng7v wrote: 13 Jul 2023, 01:21 It seems there is no interest in this topic but it is still an issue for trying to run a consolidated view of many clusters. When an external app like SDRUno's cluster plugin connects to this internal server, it expects some sort of acknowledgement for having connected.

It wouldn't take much coding (maybe 4 loc) to add a response to a new connection. I don't see what the big deal is about this and in fact, it would improve log4om by making it friendlier to other apps that live on people's PC.
Your first post was noted and added to the list, we dont often debate feature requests unless we dont understand them or strongly dissagree.
73 Terry G4POP
ng7v
Advanced Class

Post by ng7v »

Fixed in Version 2.28.0.*, the last version in this minor rev of Log4OMv2.

Thank you to the development team who maintain this great logger!

Sincerely,
Ron (NG7V)