I want to be a "dumb" user

General discussions V2
W4EBB
Advanced Class

I want to be a "dumb" user

Post by W4EBB »

I have read the user guide so many times on the recent UDP issues and I still don't get it. I actually liked my former life better where I just updated when one was available and all was good. Then about one month ago the UDP stuff "Hit the fan" and for me it took down everything and I still am trying to put the pieces back together. Like I said, I just want to be another "dumb" user and not a QDP expert. Enough complaining - here is what I have got. I have 5 images (4 in this attachment and 1 in a 2nd message). Can someone QDP knowledgeable look at them and tell me what Is wrong? I just got JtAlert to decode after nearly one month, but wsjtx and log4om do not want to update my contacts and I am flabbergasted! To top it all off I unfortunately suffered a stroke around 3/31/2023. I was lucky because I hope to get everything back in due time, but reading the user guide is not good therapy. Can someone look at my connections in this and the subsequent message attachment? I have attached one file with 4 screen shots. I am sending a 2nd message to show the 5th and final screen shot due to file attachment size limitations. Thanks!
Charlie
W4EBB
Attachments
2023_0518_error file-1.pdf
(227.31 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
W4EBB
Advanced Class

Re: I want to be a "dumb" user

Post by W4EBB »

Here is my final screen shot I referenced in my original post. I had to separate these due to size limitations.
Attachments
2023_0518_error file-2.pdf
(46.55 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Charlie, I can connect to you remotely if you wish and resolve this. That's probably the simplest method.

If you want to do it yourself you need to delete all your old UDP connections and start over. It will NOT work even if your connections are right.

Sorry if I missed it. Are you using JTalert as well or just WSJT?
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
W4EBB
Advanced Class

Post by W4EBB »

Daniele:
one problem your wsjt-x tabs are different then mine - reporting has additional fields.
Charlie
W4EBB
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

W4EBB wrote: 26 May 2023, 16:59 Daniele:
one problem your wsjt-x tabs are different then mine - reporting has additional fields.
Charlie
W4EBB
Charlie,

What version of Log4OM are you using? What version of WSJTx are you using? Are you also using JTAlert and/or Gridtracker?

Also ... Did you see Rich's offer to help you out by logging into your computer and go over things?
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
W4EBB
Advanced Class

Post by W4EBB »

Rich: Thank you for your offer to help. I can update you when we remotely talk. When can you do this?
Charlie
W4EBB
P.s. I am wsjt-x and log4om, and JtAlert also gridtracker. can explain,
W4EBB
Advanced Class

Post by W4EBB »

Daniele:
Charlie
W4EBB
[/quote]
Charlie,

What version of Log4OM are you using? 2.27.1 What version of WSJTx 2,26,1 are you using? Are you also using JTAlert yes and/or Gridtracker? yes latest version

Also ... Did you see Rich's offer to help you out by logging into your computer and go over things?
[/quote]
W4EBB
Advanced Class

Post by W4EBB »

Rich: Thank you for your offer to help. I can update you when we remotely talk. When can you do this?
Charlie
W4EBB
P.s. I am wsjt-x and log4om, and JtAlert also gridtracker. can explain,
I thought I would add my phone number to move things along (630)849-4084) (Florida) call me so we can get hooked up at the same time. Please consider calling me so we can get this going, at least let me know if you do not want to do this!
Last edited by W4EBB on 27 May 2023, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

I have not seriously played with grid tracker but I am sure we can figure it out. The WSJT and JTalert should be easy.

Nolan sent you an email and copied me. If you could respond to that we can get something setup.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team