Log4OM2 Lost Omni-rig Connection?

wa8mdc
Novice Class

Log4OM2 Lost Omni-rig Connection?

Post by wa8mdc »

First let me say that I am a very happy Log4OM2 user. I have been using the program for several years now and love it. I think it is an excellent piece of software and I congratulate the team who created it. Recently however I have lost rig control. I am using Log4OM2 version 2.23.0.0 and Omni-Rig version 1.19. I have two Log4OM2 configurations one for my Michigan QTH and one for my Florida QTH. Just recently I lost rig control using the Michigan configuration and no amount of rebooting the PC restarting Log4OM2 etc would re-establish the connection. I have not made any changes to the Log4OM2 configuration file, Omni-Rig parameters, my PC or the Icom 7300 settings and this feature has been working for several years. Strangely enough when using Log4OM2 with my Florida configuration file everything works fine. It seems that Log4OM2 is just not communicating with Omni-Rig when using my Michigan configuration file. As a work around I cloned my Florida configuration file and modified it with the Michigan changes and I am back up running again, however any ideas on what might have caused this or what I can do if it happens again?
WA8MDC - Jim
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM2 Lost Omni-rig Connection?

Post by G4POP »

Firstly you must update the software of Log4OM and Omnirig - See here for Log4OM latest version https://www.log4om.com/l4ong/release/be ... 0_beta.zip

IF USING WSJT/UDP LOGGING PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS TO DELETE AND REINSTALL THE INBOUND UDP PORTS

Secondly because Windows sometimes changes port configurations and drivers for unknown reasons please re-install the genuine ICOM USB drivers using the latest download from the ICOM site

Please report the results here
73 Terry G4POP