QSL column labels

V2 error reports
DM1TBE
Novice Class

QSL column labels

Post by DM1TBE »

The QSL column labels may need some love. While I can distinguish the send and receive columns for Eqsl based on the column labels, LoTW labels are the same for sent and receive. As those column sizes should be rather narrows as the data values are Yes or No, I'd suggest keeping the labels rather short as well. I'd suggest Eqsl-s, Esql-r, LotW-s, LotW-r

KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSL column labels

Post by KI5IO »

DM1TBE wrote: 29 May 2023, 18:35 The QSL column labels may need some love. While I can distinguish the send and receive columns for Eqsl based on the column labels, LoTW labels are the same for sent and receive. As those column sizes should be rather narrows as the data values are Yes or No, I'd suggest keeping the labels rather short as well. I'd suggest Eqsl-s, Esql-r, LotW-s, LotW-r

Tom,

If you 'right click' on the row of column labels and you can edit the column label titles to suit your needs.

You can also 'size' and 're-size' the width of the column labels like you can a spreadsheet. You can also move the placement of any column to suit your needs as well.

Every panel/screen with a grid can "each" have personalized column labels and positions and sizes. What you set up in Recent QSOs (F7), QSL Manager, QSO Manager, etc.. are all adjustable to suit your needs.

Everything you are asking for has been available in the program since day one.

If you look in the current User Guide the Managing Layouts topic is well documented starting on Page 30.
Attachments
recentqsos.JPG
recentqsos.JPG (143.2 KiB) Viewed 870 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
ei6kw
Advanced Class

Post by ei6kw »

Hi Tom and Nolan,
Let me suggest two aggregated columns: one for sent and other one for received QSLs, e.g. with L for LOTW, Q for paper QSLs, e for eQSL and so on. Then all the QSL info would be clearer and in one easy-to-find place. It would also save screen space.

Something like that:
---------------------
| QSL S | QSL R |
---------------------
|L e Q | L - - |
__
73!
de EI6KW, Slav
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Change it yourself to whatever suits your requirements, no need for us to change the defaults
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Only for me to understand. Isn´t it possible that the Award statistics not work properly if there is a change at the column names or
is this only a visible change for the user himself and the database columns are be the same as ever.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DF5WW wrote: 30 May 2023, 08:44 Only for me to understand. Isn´t it possible that the Award statistics not work properly if there is a change at the column names or
is this only a visible change for the user himself and the database columns are be the same as ever.
Its a user change and does not effect data ot calculations
73 Terry G4POP
DM1TBE
Novice Class

Post by DM1TBE »

Hey Nolan,

I wanted to drop you a quick message to express my gratitude for the comprehensive response you provided to my question. I feel a bit silly because I could have easily found the answer in the manual myself. The reason for this oversight is that I'm not accustomed to this level of customization.

I really appreciate the time and effort you put into your reply. It was really helpful. I'm sorry for not taking the time to look into the manual first and unintentionally wasting your time - will not happen again.

Thank you
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

DM1TBE wrote: 30 May 2023, 13:36 Hey Nolan,

I wanted to drop you a quick message to express my gratitude for the comprehensive response you provided to my question. I feel a bit silly because I could have easily found the answer in the manual myself. The reason for this oversight is that I'm not accustomed to this level of customization.

I really appreciate the time and effort you put into your reply. It was really helpful. I'm sorry for not taking the time to look into the manual first and unintentionally wasting your time - will not happen again.

Thank you
Tom,

No worries at all and thanks very much for your reply.

I can assure you that Log4OM has many levels/layers of possible options/customization. I learn something new all the time ... especially when Lele and Terry keep coming up with new additions and/or better ways of having the program handle things.

Don't ever hesitate to reach out as any one of us in Alpha or Beta support will be more than glad to try and get you and answer to your question(s).

Tnx for using Log4OM.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX