where does the spot message text come from?

G1YBB
Old Man

where does the spot message text come from?

Post by G1YBB »

I've been setting up to be able to send spots using the orange button next to the operator name and choosing from the recent list. I don't think I have successfully sent one yet but I have noticed the prefilled in spot message varies greatly. some very concise like "IO82 > FT8 > KN12 -13" others with a very long text including IOTa and DXCC number and all sorts.

What determines what is is auto filled in there and can I make a user preference?

I've read the section in the manual, it's not mentioned there.
I've searched here and best I could find is an unanswered similar question from IC8FAX.

I'm fine with manually editing config files if it is there.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: where does the spot message text come from?

Post by G4POP »

From the mode field, your grid ref and other staions grid ref field

If there is an IOTA reference for the station that may also be included
73 Terry G4POP
G1YBB
Old Man

Post by G1YBB »

Is it hard coded into the program? I just had a look through the config folder and I couldn't see anything that looked like control for what is pulled in.
I'm sure some had a load of text in. Unfortunately I'm not actually QRV to get any examples up.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Yes hard coded but you can delete the contents and replace text
73 Terry G4POP
Ic8fax
Novice Class

Post by Ic8fax »

Hi, as you mentioned I had asked the same question but with no answer, from what I read and what I understand there is no solution. I operate only on VHF 144mhz, and mostly I work digitally. I use LOG4OM2 and MSHV and from it with the right button clicking on the callsign I send the spot. I wanted to do the same thing you ask but also reading the answers to your question I understand that it's not possible automatic you have to delete the automatic text and write the data of the spot by hand. Cheers Terry for the great job.
Regards IC8FAX Jacob in Capri Island.