Data entry buggy when Date/Time is locked

V2 error reports
DM1TBE
Novice Class

Data entry buggy when Date/Time is locked

Post by DM1TBE »

When I return from portable operations, I lock the date/time to enter my past QSOs. This causes two issues:

i) After locking the date/time and changing it manually, the grid field is no longer populated.
ii) When changing the date/time, a new "data lookup" is triggered, and if I have manually entered the grid, it gets overwritten

Version 2.28.0.0

I have made a short video:

https://streamable.com/86b3es
DM1TBE
Novice Class

Re: Data entry buggy when Date/Time is locked

Post by DM1TBE »

I wanted to check in regarding the bug report I posted a few days ago. Just wanted to know if you guys received it and if everything's ok.
If there's anything else you need from me, just give me a shout.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I dont have an issue with item 1 and item 2 is to be expected I think and does not affect the accuracy
73 Terry G4POP
DM1TBE
Novice Class

Post by DM1TBE »

G4POP wrote: 15 Jun 2023, 07:56 I dont have an issue with item 1 ....
A function of the software, in this case the grid lookup, stops working unexpectedly when something completely unrelated is changed, such as the date/time lock. It is more than obvious that this is a software bug. Since January of this year, I have made 768 portable QSOs. For all of them, I have to lock the date/time when I copy my paper log into the Log$OM. While YOU might not have an issue with manually copying the grid square from QRZ.com, I certainly do. This function is on number 4 of the feature list.
G4POP wrote: 15 Jun 2023, 07:56 and item 2 is to be expected I think and does not affect the accuracy
Why would one expect an update of call sign-related data when changing date/time manually, but only when the date/time is locked?
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Tom,

Have you considered using the Lazy Log option in Log4OM to manually enter those Q's from your remote operations?

Go to: Utilities / Lazy Log

Dunno if that would help or not. Just a consideration.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX