Grid information wrong

V2 error reports
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Grid information wrong

Post by KI5IO »

N3AIR wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 02:15 QRZ.COM, I will take some screenshots showing the issue looking up various calls signs and the grid result.
Courtney,

The gridsquare issue was handled/resolved with V 2.24 and 2.26 and none of us have heard a peep about any issues with it until now.

FWIW - Go to : Settings / Update Resources and do individual updates for Clublog, Country File and CTY File.

Wait for that process to complete. Once done an icon will appear just to the left of the Note field and when you open the icon it will advise which of the updates has completed.

Once you ask for an update it works in the background so you don't see a rotating clock or such ... just the icon that pops up with various messages of what has been completed.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N3AIR
Novice Class

Post by N3AIR »

KI5IO wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 10:47
N3AIR wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 02:15 QRZ.COM, I will take some screenshots showing the issue looking up various calls signs and the grid result.
Courtney,

Be sure to also note your operating environment with Log4OM. IE: Are you doing manual Main UI entry, importing via ADIF, UDP Inbound feed, etc., etc..

Or, as I indicated with my test above, I did a simple manual entry to the Main UI with no other APPs (IE: FTxx, etc..) connected and running.
We are entering the call sign in as we are working them or going to work them. Call sign looks up just fine, just the grid is wrong.
DM1TBE
Novice Class

Post by DM1TBE »

KI5IO wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 15:30 One more thing ... do you have at least an XML Data Subscriber membership at QRZ.com? Your profile page does not indicate that you are a member of any level at QRZ.com ... Albeit sometimes OMs are members and for some reason it does not show up in their profile page.
I apologize for the confusion. It seems that I mistakenly believed I still had the subscription, but upon double-checking, I now realize that I may have mistakenly canceled it or overlooked the renewal reminder. I am getting old :/ On a positive note, the 6 digits grid works again. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regarding the other settings you suggested, if you don't mind, I'd wait until I experience the blank grid again, so I can truly test if this solves it.

I am grateful for your hint re LazyLog. With or without grid issue, it looks like it could make my life way easier when copying a large number of QSOs from my paper log. Thanks again.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

N3AIR wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 18:09
KI5IO wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 10:47
Courtney,

Be sure to also note your operating environment with Log4OM. IE: Are you doing manual Main UI entry, importing via ADIF, UDP Inbound feed, etc., etc..

Or, as I indicated with my test above, I did a simple manual entry to the Main UI with no other APPs (IE: FTxx, etc..) connected and running.
We are entering the call sign in as we are working them or going to work them. Call sign looks up just fine, just the grid is wrong.
Courtney,

In light of what Tom and I have been through (you can read on that on this thread) ... what callsign/account are you using to access QRZ.com for the lookups? Is it your callsign's QRZ account? Your profile indicates that you are an XML Data Member of QRZ. Maybe y'all using someone else's QRZ login who is not an XMT Data member?

Reason I ask is that you noted "we are entering ... "

I'm just searching for options here. Screen clips would also be helpful.
Plano, TX
N3AIR
Novice Class

Post by N3AIR »

I don't have the same issue at home just at the club where we just converted to LOG4OM using MySQL tied to multiple machines, I will have to check to see if the account used has XMT subscription or not. I will be up at the club on Thursday, and will get screen shots as well.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

N3AIR wrote: 25 Jun 2023, 17:47 I don't have the same issue at home just at the club where we just converted to LOG4OM using MySQL tied to multiple machines, I will have to check to see if the account used has XMT subscription or not. I will be up at the club on Thursday, and will get screen shots as well.
Courtney,

Excellent and tnx for update. What is the callsign at the club? Is that the one being use inside Log4OM?
Plano, TX
N3AIR
Novice Class

Post by N3AIR »

Club is W3HZU and after thr updates still only get FM19 back as the grid see attached as a example.
Attachments
LOG4OM.PNG
LOG4OM.PNG (40.69 KiB) Viewed 1118 times
N3AIR
Novice Class

Post by N3AIR »

Wrong screenshot but right output. Callsigb N3VQH and WA3USG for examples both show up as FM19.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Courtney,
W3HZU does not apear to be an XML sunscriber to QRZ therefore your not receiving a locator which causes Log4OM to use other more basic databases like cty file etc

WA3USG is a QRZ XML subscriber perhaps you could change your program config to use that call and password?
73 Terry G4POP