Recent QSO not logging name, address & QTH

ki5ftb
Novice Class

Recent QSO not logging name, address & QTH

Post by ki5ftb »

Hi, I just upgraded from Ver 2.23 to Ver 2.28, now when I log a QSO from WSJTx the name, address and QTH do not appear in the recent QSO log. If I double click to edit QSO and hit refresh data the name, address and QTH pop up then I click save. I did not change anything in Log40M, WSJTx or GridTracker, just upgraded to the newest version of Log40M.
Thanks for the help, Allen KI5FTB
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Recent QSO not logging name, address & QTH

Post by KI5IO »

ki5ftb wrote: 24 Jul 2023, 16:04 Hi, I just upgraded from Ver 2.23 to Ver 2.28, now when I log a QSO from WSJTx the name, address and QTH do not appear in the recent QSO log. If I double click to edit QSO and hit refresh data the name, address and QTH pop up then I click save. I did not change anything in Log40M, WSJTx or GridTracker, just upgraded to the newest version of Log40M.
Thanks for the help, Allen KI5FTB
Alan,

Well ... you need to read the Release Notes. Updates to V 2.27.xx going forward require that you delete your existing/old UDP Inbound Connections and "build new" UDP Inbound connections.

Be sure you make note of all your port assignments before you delete your old ones so you can use those same port numbers with the new UDP Inbound Connections you will assemble.

Lele make substantial changes in the UDP Inbound programming to make things easier.

Do NOT try to simply change your old connections ... You have to delete them and create new ones.

Again ... review the Release Notes, review the "current" User Guide and you will also find many, many posts/threads on the Forum about those required changes.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
ki5ftb
Novice Class

Post by ki5ftb »

Thanks for the quick reply, I did read that in the Release Notes, but I just changed the old connections, I did not delete and create new ones, I will do that tonight. Thanks again, Allen KI5FTB
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

I have the same problem but with v 2.31.1.0.0 Still the same solution?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

PA0AER wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 15:30 I have the same problem but with v 2.31.1.0.0 Still the same solution?
If you updated from an earlier version - yes
73 Terry G4POP
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

It was a fresh installation on a new PC. But I'll adjust it just to be sure. Where can I find that release note?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

PA0AER wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 15:41 It was a fresh installation on a new PC. But I'll adjust it just to be sure. Where can I find that release note?
Help/about/release notes

See also the user guide!
73 Terry G4POP
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

Thanks
ki5ftb
Novice Class

Post by ki5ftb »

Thanks for the info, I deleted the old UDP inbound connections and redid them, now everything works perfect.

Thanks,
Allen
KI5FTB
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

The problem is solved. Thank you!