Microham Microkeyer MK2 and LOG4OM v2 Winkey interface

V2 error reports
F4HGU
Novice Class

Microham Microkeyer MK2 and LOG4OM v2 Winkey interface

Post by F4HGU »

Hello,

I cannot get a clean behaviour of my Microham MK2 when using the Winkey feature of Log4OM.

Macros can send correct messages but with manual message on the paddle I get eratic letters, eratic stops and it's not clean at all (almost not usable).

Did any other users experience this ? Any advice ? (It works perfectly with Wintest or in standalone mode, and I think it's really a software issue between Log4om and the appliance - I left a message also to Microham support and wait for their feedback, that I could share here).

(I own also a Microham DXP appliance and it works perfectly so I assume I know how to configure and use Log4om).

Many thanks, 73,

Patrice F4HGU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Microham Microkeyer MK2 and LOG4OM v2 Winkey interface

Post by G4POP »

From memory some of the Microham devices use the serial winkeyer which is not compatable with the Winkeyer USB format used by Log4OM
73 Terry G4POP
F4HGU
Novice Class

Post by F4HGU »

Terry,

Thank you for your answer.

Here is the feedback from Microham:

Microham MicroKeyer II has stabilized code many years ago, well before LOG4OM even existed. MKII uses 1st Winkey version, DXP 3rd. (From Jozef OM7ZZ).

Does it mean LOG4OM will never be compliant with this appliance as it uses an old Winkey version (1st)?

Regards,
Patrice
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

F4HGU wrote: 05 Sep 2023, 12:10 Terry,

Thank you for your answer.

Here is the feedback from Microham:

Microham MicroKeyer II has stabilized code many years ago, well before LOG4OM even existed. MKII uses 1st Winkey version, DXP 3rd. (From Jozef OM7ZZ).

Does it mean LOG4OM will never be compliant with this appliance as it uses an old Winkey version (1st)?

Regards,
Patrice
Correct

I have two genuine K1EL USB Winkeyers and a G4ZLP clone which all work perfectly with Log4om but my old serial version like micro ham wont
73 Terry G4POP