Portable operation

G7CQW
Advanced Class

Portable operation

Post by G7CQW »

I run LOG4OM at home, I now want to go portable and use a separate PC, the second PC will only be connected to WIFI when I get back home, what's the best way to set the portable PC up?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Portable operation

Post by G4POP »

Use dropbox installed on both PC's and they will sincronise when you have wifi

Donnt use one drive, either dropbox or Google drive - All in our user guide
73 Terry G4POP
G7CQW
Advanced Class

Post by G7CQW »

Thanks Terry, what is the portable version of LOG4OM about?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Just that it runs from a memory stick and is portable without the need to take your pc, I use it for some club presentations I do.

For my own portable operations I use a 10 inch Lynx tablet running Windows with Google drive and the installed version of Log4om
73 Terry G4POP
G7CQW
Advanced Class

Post by G7CQW »

Thanks Terry, how do you go on using /P or /m in the call sign, do you just create a couple of new databases on the home and portable machine?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G7CQW wrote: 14 Sep 2023, 11:35 Thanks Terry, how do you go on using /P or /m in the call sign, do you just create a couple of new databases on the home and portable machine?
No just change the station call to /P or whatever and grid ref/qth in station info of the config then Log4OM can seperate those calls in the database for QSL printing or confirmations and award status. It can even submit SOTA and other references just for that particular call or location
73 Terry G4POP
G7CQW
Advanced Class

Post by G7CQW »

Thanks Terry. Perfect.
PA3DAT
New user

Post by PA3DAT »

And when I take my IC-705 and laptop to France or Germany? Then I just change my callsign to DL/PA3DAT or F/PA3DAT and I change the locator? That's all?

I aslo hold the Danish callsign 5P4W, do I need to make an extra database or can I just change my callsign and locator as described above?

Until now I use the free HRD Logbook, I made an extra database for all my foreign activities. After 8 years of thinking about another logbook (member of this forum since 2016) I now consider to make the switch... :D
73, Aloys PA3DAT.