qrz confirmation downloads

General discussions V2
ve3wej
Old Man

qrz confirmation downloads

Post by ve3wej »

tried another download today, and saw it was to go back to 2023-10-09, but it has redownloading back 14,000+ ( for what I saw), and of course they are already confirmed. why did it not start at 2023-10-08 ( last download)
ZL3GAV
Advanced Class

Re: qrz confirmation downloads

Post by ZL3GAV »

I have had the same issue since just after the first release of the QRZ download feature, irrespective of manually setting the download date in QSL Manager it does not update unless I set an historical date in 2018 when before the log started. With 46,575 QSO's it takes a while, so I let it do it's thing and come back later.

I think because I sync the download of LoTW from QRZ, QRZ must flag the records as already downloaded, just a theory....

Gavin
ZL3GAV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

At this time I don't think the QRZ download apps is allowing partial downloads, hopefully they will add it soon
73 Terry G4POP
KJ9Z
Novice Class

Post by KJ9Z »

"At this time I don't think the QRZ download apps is allowing partial downloads, hopefully they will add it soon"

When I download QRZ confirmations, QSL Manager also downloads every record each time regardless of the last received date setting. Are you saying this is normal Log4OM behavior and the isssue is with QRZ.com?
73 - Jim Plahitko - KJ9Z
Indianapolis, IN
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

This is the format Log4OM uses for data download from QRZ.COM

https://logbook.qrz.com/api?key=[b]<YOUR API KEY>[/b];ACTION=FETCH;OPTION=STATUS:CONFIRMED;BETWEEN:2023-08-19+2023-11-19

In this call i'm fetching data from 19/08/2023 to current date, according to this page https://www.qrz.com/docs/logbook/QRZLogbookAPI.html (FETCH ACTION)
There is something wrong there, as in one part the "usage notes" reports usage of comma "," to separate fields, while in the final usage note their mention to use "&" or ";"

I've tested it now, and seems working correctly with "," instead of ";"

I'll pack a new BETA version soon to fix that
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
ve3wej
Old Man

Post by ve3wej »

I'll pack a new BETA version soon to fix that

Has this been done yet???
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I think Lele forgot to upload the modified file but I have just reminded him to do so
73 Terry G4POP
KJ9Z
Novice Class

Post by KJ9Z »

I downloaded from QRZ today and it still downloads the complete log and not just the records since the last download.

For what it's worth, I have done some experimentation with the QRZ url. I agree the API is confusing regarding the use of ampersand and semi-colon under the Fetch Options. IMHO, I believe that statement refers to their use for separating commands in the URL and is written poorly.

At the beginning of the API, the ampersands are shown in Red separating the commands. However, I tested with both ampersands and semi-colons and the only difference was the location of the result string.

The ampersands printing in this message look like this: &

Using ampersands:
https://logbook.qrz.com/api?key=mykey&A ... :date+date

The result string "&RESULT=OK&COUNT=2" was at the end of the records.

Using semi-colons:
https://logbook.qrz.com/api?key=mykey;A ... :date+date

The result string "RESULT=OK&COUNT=2" preceded the records.

Regardless, the correct number of records were returned when I separated the STATUS and BETWEEN options with commas as you stated.

Thank you very much for looking into this.
73 - Jim Plahitko - KJ9Z
Indianapolis, IN
ZL3GAV
Advanced Class

Post by ZL3GAV »

Hi Jim

Interesting thread regarding the dodgy API.

With v2.30.15 beta the QRZ download does work, but with limitations. My log starts in 2018 and has some 48K QSO's. I sync LoTW to QRZ etc so that also increases the QRZ verified numbers. On the first instance of running a QRZ sync with the latest beta, it too went off and did the whole database. I left it went to the supermarket and returned an hour or so later and it was just finshing. The next day after a few more QSO's added it correctly updated only that small batch, so all was good with the world.

However, the issue is that retrospective QSO's, say last week, last year etc. now confirming in QRZ that are QSO's before the last download date are not marked as verified in LOG4OM as they are missed in the sync. The only solution to capture these is to resync the logbook from Day One of your logbook periodically.

Getting back to your point, if the API was more sophisticated it would handle this issue. Noting QRZ are advertising for a Software Engineer at the moment.

Gavin
ZL3GAV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I am using the latest Beta release https://www.log4om.com/l4ong/release/be ... 5_beta.zip and I cannot emulate your issues its working fine for me and marking the QSO's accordingly.

I have however asked Lele to check this topic and comment

See my image below

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (100.31 KiB) Viewed 7504 times
73 Terry G4POP