IMPORT/EXPORT

V2 error reports
g8ghd
Novice Class

IMPORT/EXPORT

Post by g8ghd »

I have been using LOG4OM V1 and then V2 as my main log. Ever time I have updated with the next version although not imediately in case a minor update required.

I like to import my ADIF files manually and similarly exporting to LOTW/EQSL/etc. I have not had any issues until using V2.29. I recently found two issues which maybe related with ADIF operations.

I found a few QSOs imported with FT8 signal reports both RX & TX as +00, although the ADIF file being imported had valid signals values. These were found them by chance but don't know if any other values were changed.

On exporting recently I found my uploads to eQSL rejected many QSOs. Reason my locator was not as in my account. A few were rejected by date errors. The ADIF files to the eye looked OK.

I then manually edited about 40 QSOs with cut and paste my locator and deleted and retype 3 dates. A new upload found the file passed except for unedited dupe QSOs.

Whether there was any unprintable characters in export I can't be sure but in my software career I have come across this. But not sure the reason of signal reports being set to +00 is strange unless that is a default if problem with input values?

I wanted to know if anyone else has noticed a similar problem or is there some thing different in V2.29? Also if it is not my set up then I would like to point this out to other users.

I have not changed any configuration settings between V2.28 and 2,29. May be I should have changed some parameters but can't see why I should need to change anything.