Please add ability to delete a QSO

n4xd
Novice Class

Please add ability to delete a QSO

Post by n4xd »

I would like to see you add the ability to delete a QSO. Why? Occasionally I will enter a call to check if I've worked it and I hit enter as opposed to F12 to wipe it from the entry window. Now I have a QSO logged that isn't valid.

Since I can't delete it I now have to go in and edit it to invalidate it. I usually add a bunch of letters in front and behind the call AND have to edit the country.

It would be SO much easier if I could just delete it.

Thank you

Ron
N4XD
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Please add ability to delete a QSO

Post by KI5IO »

n4xd wrote: 07 Nov 2023, 13:03 I would like to see you add the ability to delete a QSO. Why? Occasionally I will enter a call to check if I've worked it and I hit enter as opposed to F12 to wipe it from the entry window. Now I have a QSO logged that isn't valid.

Since I can't delete it I now have to go in and edit it to invalidate it. I usually add a bunch of letters in front and behind the call AND have to edit the country.

It would be SO much easier if I could just delete it.

Thank you

Ron
N4XD
Ron,

Can already and easily do such.

Why viewing the Recent QSO's (F7) Tab ... simply tap the padlock and lower right of that F7 panel. It will change color and you can highlight the QSO(s) you want to delete and then tap "delete" on your keyboard.

Just like removing / deleting rows in a spreadsheet file.

Once you do that be sure to again tap the padlock to again safeguard the F7 panel from an errant keystrokes that might wipe out more than you had planned.

You can also tap the ESC key to clear the Main UI entry.

I do your similar lookup and once I see the WB4 results I just tap ESC to clear the Main UI.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
n4xd
Novice Class

Post by n4xd »

Nolan, thanks! I am obviously NOT a power user :)

Ron
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Or double click QSO and delete using icon on top tool bar of the edit window
73 Terry G4POP
n4xd
Novice Class

Post by n4xd »

Terry, thanks. I had been right clicking on the Q and, of course, that page didn't open so have never seen the garbage can icon.

Program does so much hard to keep up.....and that's a good thing!

Thanks again,

Ron