eQSL Auto Upload Not Changing Sent to YES in QSL Manager

WoWKO
Novice Class

eQSL Auto Upload Not Changing Sent to YES in QSL Manager

Post by WoWKO »

Hello all:

I've searched and can't find the answer to my issue: I have QSO's automatically uploaded to eQSL after each QSO, which is working fine. However, when using QSL Manager, the "Sent" status shows "Requested". To ensure the auto uploads actually happened, I then manually upload the QSO's, at which point eQSL responds that they are duplicates.

I swear that previously, when eQSL auto uploads occurred after each QSO, the "Sent" status was automatically changed to "Yes". Perhaps I unintentionally changed a setting? What am I doing wrong or what do I need to change in settings to get the "Sent" to indicated "Yes" after auto uploads?

Thanks very much for any advice you can provide.

73, W0WKO
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: eQSL Auto Upload Not Changing Sent to YES in QSL Manager

Post by KI5IO »

Rob,

You might have toggled a setting at: Settings / Program Configuration / Confirmations ...

You can set up each type (QSL, eQSL, LOTW, etc..) individually.

I'm old-fashioned and simply use the "Yes" or "No" choice. IE: Did I send the QSO? Yes or No. Did I receive the Confirming QSO? Yes or No.

I don't deal with the "requested" realm of what the ADIF standard has put forth a few years ago.

Anyway ... First check your configuration (noted above). Then also d/l and look at the "current User Guide" on Page 104 where there is more information about the Yes/No/Requested, etc.. Current UG is dated: 26/12/2023 11:41 AM

And then (in your spare time) you can listen/watch (I'm sure not for the first time) the 3 Y/T videos that Terry - g4pop produced about using "Confirmations". URLs for those video are below.

Confirmations #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yuxJhVEFFI

Confirmations #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xingbq1d-4o

Confirmations #3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cthCCVwkXg

Also ... if your inbound QSOs are coming from any/some of the FTxx APPs they (as best I recall) have a toggle to tag a QSO (being sent from their APP to Log4OM) as 'requested' or such. I think JTAlert is one APP that has that as an option.

Just peel away the onion, one layer at a time, and you will find the hiccup.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
WoWKO
Novice Class

Post by WoWKO »

Nolan, thanks very much for your response!

I've checked the Confirmation settings, and like you, I have them set to "No" and "Yes" for eQSL. I've been through pages 104-105 of the user guide, and I think I'm okay with that.

Your comment about JTAlert is interesting, and since I use that app, I immediately went to the settings to check it out. However, I can't find a setting that tags a QSO as "requested". I'll need to continue to look at that as well as the 3 videos you kindly sent.

Thanks again for your help,

73, Rob
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Rob,

I forgot to ask which version of Log4OM are you using? Pls don't just say "latest". What is the version # that you can see in the top left border of the Main UI and/or at: Help / About ?

Current version is a beta release: V 2.30.1.5

Plano, TX
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Rob,

I happened across a Y/T video going over some FTxx APPs installation and did a screen grab of the JTAlert Settings / Logging portion where there is a toggle on/off option to deal with the "Requested" item.

Fuzzy screen clip is below ....

Attachments
jtalert_logging_options.JPG
jtalert_logging_options.JPG (22.03 KiB) Viewed 52105 times
Plano, TX
WoWKO
Novice Class

Post by WoWKO »

Nolan:

Thanks for the detailed location of those JTAlert setting options. I found them with your help, and indeed, they were checked. I unchecked them and I'm confident that fixed the problem. Because of some damage done to my wire antenna in yesterday's windstorm here in SC, it will take a day or two for me to repair the antenna and test the result of the JTAlert change, but I think you hit the nail on the proverbial head.

By the way, I'm using version 2.30.1.0 of Log4OM.

Thanks again for your wise help!

73, Rob
WoWKO
Novice Class

Post by WoWKO »

Nolan, my antenna is repaired and I'm back on air.

After changing the settings you showed me, the Sent status flag in the QSL Manager is now showing "No" as it should, except that for eQSL, I have the option set to upload the QSO automatically. However, the status flag is not changed from "No" to "Yes" after the automatic upload. If I try to upload the QSO's with "No" as a sent status, I get a duplicate response from eQSL. After the manual upload, the status is changed to "Yes" as it should.

Am I missing some other setting?

Thanks for the help,

Rob, W0WKO
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Rob,

Check your UDP Inbound Connection parameters. There are some options there that relate to 'upload qso'.

Go to: Settings / Program Configuration / Connections View your various UDP Inbound Connections that you have in use between Log4OM and the FTxx APPs.

As I recall they have an impact over the 'auto' vs 'manual' QSO uploads to the various external services.
Plano, TX
WoWKO
Novice Class

Post by WoWKO »

Hi, Nolan:

Sorry, but I'm a bit confused. My QSO's are automatically uploaded to eQSL by Log4OM, and that is working well, but it appears the QSL Manager within Log4OM is not updated with these auto uploads. So, QSL Manager still shows "No" in the Sent column, but if I manually upload the QSO's to eQSL, the response from eQSL is "Duplicate QSO's", showing that the QSO's were in fact automatically uploaded.

Doesn't Log4OM handle the auto upload and update of QSL Manager? I'm not clear on how the connections parameters relate to this issue. I've reviewed connections in the User Manual, but the only connections by UDP are to JTAlert.

Any other advice is very much appreciated. Thanks again!

Rob
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Are you sure that the JTAlert software is not uploading before log4om receives the qso?

In which case Log4OM would attempt to upload but fail to because the qso already existed at eqsl and it would therefore not change the confirmation status to YES
73 Terry G4POP