New references e.g. POTA & WWFF

General discussions V2
PC9DB
Advanced Class

Re: New references e.g. POTA & WWFF

Post by PC9DB »

I tried it again. The notification popup screen shows that the award database has been updated.
After this, I shut down Log4OM and run it again. No luck, still an awfull lot of references when I put my own (Dutch) call in the call field.
Schermafbeelding 2024-03-06 101216.png
Schermafbeelding 2024-03-06 101216.png (54.87 KiB) Viewed 970 times
Can you point me in the direction where to find the "old user award file"?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

To save this endless dialog please email me so that we can set up a Skype or messenger chat - prefer Skype so that you can share your screen
73 Terry G4POP
PC9DB
Advanced Class

Post by PC9DB »

Thank you for the offer Terry. I had succes though.

I imported the .csv file again without the option "DXX is char PREFIX" checked. That seemed to do the trick. Now the references are linked to a DXCC.
Schermafbeelding 2024-03-06 142402.png
Schermafbeelding 2024-03-06 142402.png (63.81 KiB) Viewed 956 times
The import took a fraction of the time then before with the option checked. I really don't know what the option means or what it's for.

I'll try to make a quick how to in a separate reply for others, if that's okay.
Only thing I still need help with is how to do this:
G4POP wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 09:54
3. It helps everyone is when you update a reference list in the awards if you email the award xml file to Clause our award manager for inclusion in the default award set.
I need the location of the award xml file because I can't find it and Clause's e-mail address or callsign so I can contact him.

Many thanks!!!
PC9DB
Advanced Class

Post by PC9DB »

Allright, I'll try to write up a "how-to" for updating the POTA references............

1: Go to "Utilities" ---> "Award manager".
2: Double-click "POTA" in the list on the left.
3: Copy the download URL: "https://pota.app/all_parks.csv" and paste in your browser to download the file. Save it on an easy to find location on your computer (e.g. Desktop).

4: Still in the "Award manager", click the tap "Import".
5: Select the file and click "Preview".
6: drag the identified fields into their corresponding destination, see screenshot below:
001.jpg
001.jpg (211.26 KiB) Viewed 950 times
6b: It should look like this now (see below). If it does, click "Next Step".
002.jpg
002.jpg (155.42 KiB) Viewed 950 times
7: In the "Import config" subtab, make sure everything is set like the screenshot below, then click "Next Step":
003.jpg
003.jpg (49.79 KiB) Viewed 950 times
8: Click on the "Import award" button. The green bar progresses and in the end you will get a pop-up message.
9: Save the award by clicking on the save button, or discard the imported references by clicking the cross.

That's it, your done.......

(Log4OM team, if I missed something, please correct me or delete this post. I'm just trying to help others, not trying to get in the way of things here......!)
VK3AWG
Advanced Class

Post by VK3AWG »

Hi Mark,
I appreciate your guide for the POTA's. I am trying to do the same thing for WWFF. I have ticked the DXCC is char PREFIX and Skip first row box's. The import seems to be taking a long time and is saying "DXCC not found" on every row. I hope you can help me with this.

Regards
Chris
VK3IK
PC9DB
Advanced Class

Post by PC9DB »

Hi Chris,

It works here........
Make sure to drag the DXCC field into the DXCC destination on the "select file and format" subtab.

I've got "DXCC is char PREFIX" checked and also "Skip first row" same as you mentioned. (DXCC is a different format in the POTA file, hence the difference I guess)

30 errors in the import log maximum......

Schermafbeelding 2024-03-07 112428.jpg
Schermafbeelding 2024-03-07 112428.jpg (190.56 KiB) Viewed 918 times
VK3AWG
Advanced Class

Post by VK3AWG »

Hi Mark,
I left it running over night and just checked it now. It looked ok but I thought I would redo it just in case. It took about 2mins and looks much better. Also here is the download link for the WWFF .csv file : https://wwff.co/wwff-data/wwff_directory.csv

Regards
Chris
VK3IK
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Same URL that we include in the Award manager/WWFF/ 'Award info' tab!
73 Terry G4POP
PC9DB
Advanced Class

Post by PC9DB »

VK3AWG wrote: 08 Mar 2024, 04:39 Hi Mark,
I left it running over night and just checked it now. It looked ok but I thought I would redo it just in case. It took about 2mins and looks much better. Also here is the download link for the WWFF .csv file : https://wwff.co/wwff-data/wwff_directory.csv

Regards
Chris
VK3IK
Running over night..... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Can't be right. It took 30sec tops here first time and with a maximum of 30 errors. Wonder what's going wrong there then. :?:

I've used the same downloadlink, copied from the award manager like Terry pointed out.
N8CD
New user

Post by N8CD »

I was looking for exactly how to do this, and your instructions worked perfectly. It took 2-3 minutes to complete for me. Thanks @PC9DB!
- John, N8CD
PC9DB wrote: 06 Mar 2024, 14:09 Allright, I'll try to write up a "how-to" for updating the POTA references............

1: Go to "Utilities" ---> "Award manager".
2: Double-click "POTA" in the list on the left.
3: Copy the download URL: "https://pota.app/all_parks.csv" and paste in your browser to download the file. Save it on an easy to find location on your computer (e.g. Desktop).

4: Still in the "Award manager", click the tap "Import".
5: Select the file and click "Preview".
6: drag the identified fields into their corresponding destination, see screenshot below:
001.jpg
6b: It should look like this now (see below). If it does, click "Next Step".
002.jpg

7: In the "Import config" subtab, make sure everything is set like the screenshot below, then click "Next Step":
003.jpg

8: Click on the "Import award" button. The green bar progresses and in the end you will get a pop-up message.
9: Save the award by clicking on the save button, or discard the imported references by clicking the cross.

That's it, your done.......

(Log4OM team, if I missed something, please correct me or delete this post. I'm just trying to help others, not trying to get in the way of things here......!)