POTA-Plus - UDP/ADIF questions

K2GC
Novice Class

POTA-Plus - UDP/ADIF questions

Post by K2GC »

So, I have the POTA Plus extension set up. Works fine for logging into Log4OM (entry gets made)

2 things I have noticed...

First, any entries made, do not do a 'lookup' from external sources to fill in all the data. This is semi easy to resolve, but would prefer it just happen on its own. Is there any way to make this happen?

Second, any entries that are made are NOT sent to QRZ. This is harder to resolve after the fact and requires more user intervention than I would prefer. Possible to fix?

In the end.... if I had to adjust something, and just have pota-plus prefill the entry screen on Log4OM (kinda like the WSJT/JTalert setup does.... I could actually do the logging in Log4OM - basically, click the button in the POTA Plus page, and then move to Log4om to finalize the qso. How would I go about this?

With the slow demise of HamRS, I am migrating all my POTA Activation/hunting operations to Log4OM (which I use at home anyway) and just trying to resolve issues (or learn to adapt where needed)
Mike
K2GC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: POTA-Plus - UDP/ADIF questions

Post by G4POP »

Dont know the program, how does it log to Log4OM?
73 Terry G4POP
K2GC
Novice Class

Post by K2GC »

It uses ADIF_Message

Link - https://dwestbrook.net/projects/potaplus/

Oddly, I noticed this morning, that none of my FT8 contacts i made last night auto uploaded to QRZ last night either... I thought they had before?
Mike
K2GC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K2GC wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 09:00 It uses ADIF_Message

Link - https://dwestbrook.net/projects/potaplus/

Oddly, I noticed this morning, that none of my FT8 contacts i made last night auto uploaded to QRZ last night either... I thought they had before?
OK partly there

How does the adif get imported into Log4OM

1. Manually, you use file import
2 . By adif monitor
3. Via UDP

Or something else?l
73 Terry G4POP
K2GC
Novice Class

Post by K2GC »

I get the following when telling the Pota-Plus plugin to log a qso. So it appears its sending it via UDP? (not sure why the errors)

The actual call that the plugin uses to tell the 'ham-apps-proxy' to handle the request is as follows:

Code: Select all

http://localhost:8073/log4om/log?CALL=K7GUD&RST_SENT=599&RST_RCVD=599&FREQ=7.032&FREQ_RX=7.032&MODE=CW&COMMENT=[POTA K-4463 US-CA DM14ng San Bernardino National Forest] test&QSO_DATE=20240313&TIME_ON=195729&TX_PWR=&RX_PWR=&APP_L4ONG_QSO_AWARD_REFERENCES=[{"AC":"POTA","R":"K-4463","G":"US-CA","SUB":[],"GRA":[]}]

And this is what the 'ham-apps-proxy' console shows as a response:

Code: Select all

ham-apps-proxy v1.08.01
MyWebServer: You can connect to your server at http://localhost:8073/
[udp:localhost:2239] <command:3>log<parameters:5><EOR> at script/ham-apps-proxy.pl line 133.
[udp:localhost:2239] <command:3>log<parameters:311><CALL:5>K7GUD<RST_SENT:3>599<RST_RCVD:3>599<FREQ:5>7.032<FREQ_RX:5>7.032<MODE:2>CW<COMMENT:62>[POTA K-4463 US-CA DM14ng San Bernardino National Forest] test<QSO_DATE:8>20240313<TIME_ON:6>195729<TX_PWR:0><RX_PWR:0><APP_L4ONG_QSO_AWARD_REFERENCES:58>[{"AC":"POTA","R":"K-4463","G":"US-CA","SUB":[],"GRA":[]}]<EOR> at script/ham-apps-proxy.pl line 133.
PING udp, localhost, 2239 at script/ham-apps-proxy.pl line 152.
PING udp, localhost, 2239 at script/ham-apps-proxy.pl line 152.
I assume this is an ADIF packet sent over UDP?

I am curious what all the different connection options/protocols are to interact with Log4OM - I may start a new thread where those could be a bit more detailed.... unless there is an 'api-guide' someplace? (didnt see it in the user manual, but didnt look real hard yet)
Mike
K2GC
K2GC
Novice Class

Post by K2GC »

Reading about connections in the user manual now..... (oops)
Mike
K2GC
K2GC
Novice Class

Post by K2GC »

Ok (sorry for the multiple posts in a row, I should have done all my research and made one big post..... )

I see reading the user guide, that ADIF MESSAGE should indeed upload to external sources. For some reason that is not working for me?

I know if I manually enter a QSO into Log4OM it will upload?

Secondary thought - I am also curious - how does this operate if there is not an internet connection? (ie. does it cache them in a sense and upload when the connection becomes available, or does it just not upload them?)
Mike
K2GC