Erreurs ...

V2 error reports
N6VH
Old Man

Re: Erreurs ...

Post by N6VH »

Terry,

The problem is actually the "ITU" and "CQ" boxes in the QSO entry screen. Apparently, they aren't large enough to show two digits. They only show one digit, at least on my computer, but if I click on the down arrow in each box, both digits are displayed. This is true for both manual entry of the call sign, and when the call is entered from another app (WSJT-X, for example). The same is true when using the separate "Data Entry" screen. I wish I had checked this in the first place. I haven't made any changes to the fonts on my computer - using whatever the default is. When the QSO is logged, the zones are correct. It's only in the boxes I mentioned. Can those boxes be made a little larger?

Jim N6VH
Attachments
G4POP.jpg
G4POP.jpg (93.23 KiB) Viewed 488 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

What display magnification are you using?
73 Terry G4POP
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Terry,

I'm using the default settings, as shown in the attached picture.

Jim N6VH
Display.jpg
Display.jpg (64.94 KiB) Viewed 451 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

N6VH wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 16:50 Terry,

I'm using the default settings, as shown in the attached picture.

Jim N6VH

Display.jpg
Well I am flumuxed with this one! all I can suggest is that you ensure the latest .net framework is installs and perhaps reinstall Log4OM from a fresh download - PLease use the latest Beta release.

Other than the above if it were me I would rename the Log4OM2 folder Log4OM2 OLD in the C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\ folder followed by a clean install. HOWEVER PLEASE NOTE: - This requires you to set up Log4OM from the start with all of your user data etc so make a backup before doing this
73 Terry G4POP
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Terry,

I uninstalled 2.32.1.0, then downloaded 2.32.1.0 (the latest version listed) and installed it again. No change in those boxes. This isn't a major issue for me, but there might be others that have this problem and not notice it. I didn't notice it until this discussion, be cause most of my QSOs come into Log4OM via WSJT-X or N1mm+. I don't do very many manual entries anymore.

Jim N6VH
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Jim,

I'm just trying to think 'out of the box' on this one for you. Do you have a video driver on your PC such as something from Nvidia or similar?

Might there be some setting in that video driver software that is impacting your display? Even though your O/S is indicating normal (100%)?

How about (as a test) that you reduce the percentage from 100% to say 90% and see if anything changes or not.

I wouldn't do that until you verify that a video driver (such as Nvidia) is not impacting the display.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

N6VH wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 21:47 Terry,

I uninstalled 2.32.1.0, then downloaded 2.32.1.0 (the latest version listed) and installed it again. No change in those boxes. This isn't a major issue for me, but there might be others that have this problem and not notice it. I didn't notice it until this discussion, be cause most of my QSOs come into Log4OM via WSJT-X or N1mm+. I don't do very many manual entries anymore.

Jim N6VH
Did you try the clean install as I suggested
73 Terry G4POP
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Nolan,

Sorry for the late response. I was out of town, and then had some other issues to deal with when I got back.

I downloaded and installed the latest NVIDIA driver. As far as percentage, I can't go any lower than 100%. I also tried adjusting the resolution. None of this made any difference. Also, I put a portable version of L4OM 2.0.0.0 on my computer, with the same results. It might be the age of my monitor (HP w2338h). The latest driver for it is only listed for Win 8 and earlier.

Terry,

Yes, as I indicated, I uninstalled L4OM, and then installed 2.32.01 again.

At any rate, it isn't really a major issue for me, and I can deal with it.

Jim N6VH
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Incidentally, I put Log4OM 2.32.1.0 on my wife's laptop, and the zones showed correctly, no problem. Therefore, it is likely something with my computer or very old monitor. My wife said buy a new monitor, so that will happen in the near future.

Jim N6VH