QRZ Upload from UDP entered QSO's

K2GC
Novice Class

QRZ Upload from UDP entered QSO's

Post by K2GC »

This used to work fine for me before, but isnt now, and I am not sure whats going on.

Any QSO added to Log4OM via a UDP connection is not automatically uploaded to QRZ. I have to manually export an adif and upload to QRZ routinely. The problem with that is, I tend to forget, and I have no way of knowing what I may have missed....

Is this normal behavior now? or did something change on my end that I have to fix?
Mike
K2GC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QRZ Upload from UDP entered QSO's

Post by G4POP »

No you need to reset the UDP parameters, this changed a few releases ago

See release notes and user guide plus all of the forum and social media instructions
73 Terry G4POP
K2GC
Novice Class

Post by K2GC »

If that is the case, why does it not work in a new install that I did last week?

Unless I followed the wrong guide to set up the new install?

I had a heck of a time getting it set up and even working, as there are so many 'guides' out there including the user guide, but NONE provide a complete guide with WORKING port #'s (all say 'port numbers may vary) I have read through release notes, and tried to make it all work - but I was only able to get to this point.

Maybe it would help if the user guide included a bit more info on the interaction of the different ports, connection types, etc?
Mike
K2GC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Mike,

It is impossible to know what port numbers are already being used that's why we say"port numbers may vary"

As a starting point use those default ports shown in your jt program, if it does not work adjust the port numbers but make sure they match in the JT software and Log4om

If you select a udp port in log4om and edit it you will see an upload option that you need to check
73 Terry G4POP
K2GC
Novice Class

Post by K2GC »

Aha! now we are making progress!

Just double checked (and I may be missing it) the user guide - doesnt mention the parmeters listed.....

So now I see the 4 options (maybe there are others depending on the connection type)

USE_EXTERNAL_DATA - I assume this will update each qso as entered through the UDP, to use external data info? (this making it so I dont have to later?)

UPLOAD_QSO - Obviously, this is what I was missing.... As I dont have it checked...

UPDATE_GRIDSQUARE, UPDATE_CQ_ITU?ZONE - I assume these are self explanatory, but where are they updating from?

No offense... I have seen many references to reading the manual, checking release notes, etc to this problem all over the place..... Not once have I seen 'check to make sure 'upload qso' is checked in the UDP connection....

Thanks for the response on it, I appreciate it, and believe I have now solved the issue.
Mike
K2GC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K2GC wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 23:51
Just double checked (and I may be missing it) the user guide - doesnt mention the parmeters listed.....

No offense... I have seen many references to reading the manual, checking release notes, etc to this problem all over the place..... Not once have I seen 'check to make sure 'upload qso' is checked in the UDP connection....

It is covered in the user guide! but a search of this forum reveals the multiple times this question was answered, the release notes also cover it.

See https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?p=43147#p43147
73 Terry G4POP
K2GC
Novice Class

Post by K2GC »

Yeah, I searched all over - I guess my problem, was I was trying to search about 'qrz upload', not so much from the WSJT side of things.

Hopefully because I posted with the way I was searching, it may help someone else in the future!

It did solve my issue. I appreciate the help.
Mike
K2GC