Cat control IC-7300 and log4om instable?

pd1eg
Novice Class

Cat control IC-7300 and log4om instable?

Post by pd1eg »

I installed Log4OM a few months ago and I have some strange issues over the last weeks and can’t find the reason.

Equipment:
  • IC-7300
    Windows 11 64 bit
When I start log4om it initialises the set and then the current frequency is hanged to something old, At least log4om retune my set, and I can’t find the reason.

Since a few days the problem increased, log4om becomes unresponsive so the 7300 is showing another frequency log4om shows.

What is the best approach to fix this, I am a new HAM so I have not an extreme amount of QSO’s reinsall could be an approach.

I have experimented in the past based on some youtube instructions to make use of Omnirig.
It would be great to have everything integrated but if only log4om works 1:1 with the set, it is fine by me.
Automatic uploads to qrz, lotw, and eqsl would be nice.

I use the folowing digital modes: VarAC, wsjtx, gridtracker, fldigi as main tools.

Thanks for your help and suggestions how to approach this issue.

Eelco
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cat control IC-7300 and log4om instable?

Post by G4POP »

Usual 7300 questions

1. Did you install the ICOM USB drivers before connecting the radio to the PC?

2. Are you using the USB or the remote connection on the radio

3. Have you updated the radio firmware to latest version

4. Did you try a factory reset of your radio, especially important if you purchased a pre owned radio

5. If your using Hamlib please change to Omnirig as it is far more reliable and I find works better with Icom radios

6. What version number is Log4OM - Dont say latest please I need actual number - see help/about
73 Terry G4POP
pd1eg
Novice Class

Re: Cat control IC-7300 and log4om instable?

Post by pd1eg »

Hi, all checks have been executed, IC-7300 is latest software, it is brand new, 2 months old, and is during training more than once beeing resetted to defaults.
The connection is done by usb.
I Updated now to 2.32.1.0 and it seems a bit more stable. I do have some strange issues when i switch from FT8 mode to normal or vv, i need to switch off and on.

Moving back to omnirig is an option, i have currently no other rig control than the 1:1 between log4om, and i switch the CAT software off when use WSJTX to make sure i have only one rig control active.

The solution i did was a quite radicale one, i exported the logs, and uninstalled log4om and reinstalled and then imported the data. Now it works quite nice! Some other small issues, i will make seperate notes on them in the forum.

regards
Eelco de PD1EG