Comment field populates with old data

k4em
Advanced Class

Comment field populates with old data

Post by k4em »

I worked a DXpedition in Fox/Hound mode. When I logged the QSO, 'F/H Mode' automatically appeared in the comment field. The 'F/H Mode' was not shown in the JTAlert comment field within the JTAlert logging screen Popup. It appears Log4om inserted this comment. Now, every time I log an FT8 qso the 'F/H Mode' appears in the comment field.
Is there a way to turn off automatic comments? I do not need to have F/H Mode , POTA or an IOTA show up at all in my comment field.

Dave
k4em
k4em
Advanced Class

Re: Comment field populates with old data

Post by k4em »

here is an example of adding 'F/H mode' to my FT8 qso's.

Dave
k4em
Attachments
log4om comments.png
log4om comments.png (54.05 KiB) Viewed 125 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Looks like your ft8 software is ending that data to log4om, we don't add it
73 Terry G4POP
JA9HWD
Advanced Class

Post by JA9HWD »

k4em wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 20:21 here is an example of adding 'F/H mode' to my FT8 qso's.

Dave
k4em
Regarding "comment", Log4OM2 should not be processing anything.
You are probably entering comments in the WSJT-X log dialog. This will continue unless you delete it. Or it's in the continuous display settings related to JTAlert's comment display process.

If it is displayed on the QSL card, it depends on the JTAlert settings. This is different from the "QSLMSG" tag that is usually written on QSL cards.

JTAlert is processing to avoid a bug where comments are not set correctly in the WSJT-X "QSLMSG" tag, so please be careful when setting.
I think it's probably written in the JTAlert help.
73, Kiyo JA9HWD
k4em
Advanced Class

Post by k4em »

Terry,
Thanks for the reply. I looked at WSJT-X Improved, the version I'm running. And tried an experiment and it worked.
When the Logging window was displayed, I typed TEST into the comment field and checked RETAIN. I then pressed OK to log the QSO. The word TEST now showed up in the comment field in Log4om. On the next QSO logging screen, I un-checked retain and deleted the word TEST, I pressed OK to log the QSO. Now the comment field is Blank as it should be.
I guess some buffer was not being cleared.

Thanks,
Dave
k4em