Incorrect Grid Locator

CS7BEK
New user

Incorrect Grid Locator

Post by CS7BEK »

Hi,
I've notice that whenever I enter a QSO, the Grid Locator provided by QRZ.com comes in a vague and often incorrect 4 letter/number format (e.g.: IM58 instead of IM58is)
Note that I'm not a QRZ subscriber. Is this why?

Thank you so much.
73 de CS7BEK, Francisco
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Incorrect Grid Locator

Post by KI5IO »

CS7BEK wrote: 08 May 2024, 19:40 Hi,
I've notice that whenever I enter a QSO, the Grid Locator provided by QRZ.com comes in a vague and often incorrect 4 letter/number format (e.g.: IM58 instead of IM58is)
Note that I'm not a QRZ subscriber. Is this why?

Thank you so much.
73 de CS7BEK, Francisco
Francisco,

Yes. You must have at least the QRZ XML Data subscription to get more granular data from them.

HAMQTH is an option and it is free, but data may not be as detailed as from the QRZ 'subscription'.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
CS7BEK
New user

Post by CS7BEK »

Hi Nolan,
Thank you so much!
I reached out to QRZ and they said that it shouldn't happen... It was my idea as well.

Do you now if I subscribe to XML and then refresh the data if all my QSOs already on LOG4OM will update the grids?

Many thanks.
73 de CS7BEK, Francisco
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

CS7BEK wrote: 09 May 2024, 19:47 Hi Nolan,
Thank you so much!
I reached out to QRZ and they said that it shouldn't happen... It was my idea as well.

Do you now if I subscribe to XML and then refresh the data if all my QSOs already on LOG4OM will update the grids?

Many thanks.
73 de CS7BEK, Francisco
Francisco,

I'll let Terry - g4pop add additional information about QRZ, but their comment (QRZ.com) is not correct and has not been for many years.

As for updating your current QSOs ... updates are possible when using the QSO Manager in Log4OM. I've done that many times when I get ADIF imports that don't have all the data that might be possible.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX