Integration with DxAtlas

Regarding connecting to external program's.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Integration with DxAtlas

Post by IW3HMH »

with 2,4,6 or even 8, 10, 12 digits if enough data are available...
I don't know DXAtlas (better, i don't have it installed) so i don't know if there are features not included and strongly needed...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Lele and Terry,

i think Erwin and the other guys need the maps of DX Atlas for a better overview. DX Atlas has a World Map with includes Gridsquares in 2 or 4 digits. You can zoom in and out and if zoomed out you have an overviev over the whole worked worldwide grids ..... The use of Google Earth is a nice gimmick but the worl is round and in Google Earth you don´t have an overview over all worldwide worked grids so they use a globe and not a 2d map like DX Atlas doing.

Some loggers can interfacing to DX Atlas and i think for a lot of users it would be nice when L4O can work with DX Atlas too. It´s not only the grid square function, they have propagation maps included and prefix maps and things like this. I don´t use the software but a lot of guy´s need it. B.t.w. the software is not free but i think the programmer (VE3NEA) can help if the question comes up "How to interfacing from L4O to DX Atlas ...."

I am not a programmer but maybe it´s an easy way without a massive codechange ...But if the DXA users have option to use L4O as the standard logger we will got some more L4O users ;) ;) :D :D

Only an idea :!: :!:
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

IW3HMH wrote:with 2,4,6 or even 8, 10, 12 digits if enough data are available...
I don't know DXAtlas (better, i don't have it installed) so i don't know if there are features not included and strongly needed...
Information of how to integrate DXAtlas is on our Mantis list
73 Terry G4POP
DK5EW
Advanced Class

Post by DK5EW »

Dear Terry,
it's a nice feature but could be done better if I handle it up to now on the right way.
I found out that I can select QSO's from the list and plot it in Google Earth - that's nice.

I wish I could have a plot for a selected band and as well for a selected mode but I did not found a way to select ?

73's Erwin/DK5EW
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Erwin,

you can select via the "Search Parameters"in the QSO Managers "QSO Archive" ..... The show´n qso´s with your setted parameters can be selected and you can plot it to Google Earth ...

As example:

Band equals 6m
Mode equals SSB

Search Button ..... Select all .... Plot to KML Button

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DK5EW wrote:Dear Terry,

I wish I could have a plot for a selected band and as well for a selected mode but I did not found a way to select ?

73's Erwin/DK5EW
You can!
Just use the search parameters button at the bottom of the "Show XML" window and search on band - The resulting filtered spots will be the only ones used for creating the KML file
73 Terry G4POP
DK5EW
Advanced Class

Post by DK5EW »

Guys that is going to be the right way - TNX.

Sorry I'm new to Log4OM and wanna give it a try. Not knowing all features right now but exploring it. :oops:

I'm fine now with selection of filters and the result to plot squares.

I have some other points I can't figure out but I will open a new discussion in general.

TNX !