Integration with DxAtlas

Regarding connecting to external program's.
g4nkx
Novice Class

Integration with DxAtlas

Post by g4nkx »

Hi.
Just a thought - since I have been using the log4om S/W for a couple of weeks, and also since having erected my H/Brew ant for 6m I have decided to "Collect" (Grid Squares)... as I'm sure many VHF'ers do - would it, or is it possible to integrate Log4Om with DxAtlas in such a way that when the "Dx" station is logged, it adds the square worked in DxAtlas ??

Peter
g4nkx
CT1BXX
Old Man

Re: Integration with DxAtlas

Post by CT1BXX »

g4nkx wrote:Hi.
is it possible to integrate Log4Om with DxAtlas in such a way that when the "Dx" station is logged, it adds the square worked in DxAtlas ??

Peter
g4nkx

Hello Peter,

Very interesting idea!
And if the team permits me to say one more... Integration with GoogleEarth in order we can we see the place to whom we are contacting.
Sorry Daniele for encreasing the list. :oops:

73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
g4nkx
Novice Class

Post by g4nkx »

Hi Manuel:
Well I guess it "must" BE possible as some other Loggers already have conduits linking to DxAtlas - it occurred to me that might be useful - the problem arises that Log4Om IS a solid logging program and the Authors dont want to add too much "Bloat", as in some other S/W I wont mention here.
However the need to integrate with certain 3rd party S/W will undoubtedly give users the choice, and how they use it.
I think from what I've seen Log4OM is leading the way in the new generation of loggers
Re - Google earth:
I actually have issues with it - I run W7 and it keeps crashing so I steer clear for the time being until a newer version is released - I had the same with Linux a couple of years ago - I may actually set up Linux on another box and see if Log4OM runs under wine.

Rgds - Peter G4NKX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

g4nkx wrote:Hi.
Just a thought - since I have been using the log4om S/W for a couple of weeks, and also since having erected my H/Brew ant for 6m I have decided to "Collect" (Grid Squares)... as I'm sure many VHF'ers do - would it, or is it possible to integrate Log4Om with DxAtlas in such a way that when the "Dx" station is logged, it adds the square worked in DxAtlas ??

Peter
g4nkx
Hi Peter,
We will reintroduce out own grid square mapper in the near future it was removed, together with the other maps, while we got the basis of the new awards statistics implemented. Google earth is also on our future feature list so eventually you will have a choice.

At this time our emphasis is on ensuring that you have the best tools to help you work the DX like cluster and alerts developement, lets face it if you don't work the DX you have no need for maps illustrating what you have worked Hi

We are getting close to the point when we can return to awards statistics so watch this space.
73 Terry G4POP
g4nkx
Novice Class

Post by g4nkx »

Hi Terry:
Thanks for that info - well that IS good news to be able to collect and "Mark" grid squares "within" log4OM is even better !
Well as I said earlier I do have issues with "Google Earth", but some may prefer it, I find the concept of viewing live contacts on a map, and being able to see "Worked" squares fascinating !!

ATB Peter g4nkx
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

g4nkx wrote: ...if Log4OM runs under wine.
Rgds - Peter G4NKX
I don't know if Log4OM runs under wine... i'm pretty sure i cannot run after good wine :lol:
By the way, interesting check

Daniele IW3HMH
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
W6SDM
Advanced Class

Post by W6SDM »

I am a new convert to Log4OM from another very comprehensive logging program. After dealing with frequent issues, including a corrupted log file, I started looking for something different. WOW! I am impressed. I also feel kind of stupid having paid for several different logging programs only to find a very good one for free. I love the clean user interface and the variety of features that come along with it.

I am using a Flex 5000 with PowerSDR. I use OmniRig and DDUtil to manage the virtual com ports. Everything works well with Log4OM and I was surprised at how easy it was to get CAT working with the program through OmniRig. I also use DX Atlas and DX Monitor as a second cluster monitor.

I see that there has been some discussion on DX Atlas. My old software would launch the program and place the callsign that on the map as soon as I entered it onto the log form, or clicked on it from the cluster. I notice that there is a space in the 3rd party software for sending a string to DX Atlas. Is there something I can enter that would cause the data that would plot the location to pass on to DX Atlas.

Or, do I just need to wait for a plotting feature to be added to Log4OM?

Thanks for a great program.

Steve
W6SDM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum and also to Log4OM

Unfortunately we don't yet have the interface to DXAtlas but it will be added at some future date. Our software is only a couple of years old and we have many features to add so please bear with us meanwhile.
73 Terry G4POP
DK5EW
Advanced Class

Post by DK5EW »

I'm really looking forward to have a integration with DX Atlas. For a VHF guy it is very important to see the worked squares and maps.

How ?

73's Erwin/DK5EW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DK5EW wrote:I'm really looking forward to have a integration with DX Atlas. For a VHF guy it is very important to see the worked squares and maps.

How ?

73's Erwin/DK5EW
Hi Erwin,

You can already plot your worked squares to Google Earth from Log4om
73 Terry G4POP