Newbbie questions about FlDigi integration

Regarding connecting to external program's.
IZ3XNJ
Novice Class

Newbbie questions about FlDigi integration

Post by IZ3XNJ »

Hi all
I am a new user evaluating to switch to Log4OM. As I operate mainly in digital modes, I am eva luatingthe integration of FlDigi.

First question: when I set a callsign in FlDigi, there is a way to send this callsign to Log4OM to check if I've already connected him? At the moment, I cut & copy the callsign from FlDigi to Log4OM, but I would like to know if there is a way to automatize it.

Second question: in the latest manual I read:
please note that changing frequency and mode in fldigi will not change the frequency and mode in log4om or any rig that is connected
so I guess I can not use the QSY button on Fldigi to automatically put a signal in the center on my RTX bandwidth... in fact the button is greyed :( it was a very usefull function....
but if I'm right, what it does means the "Read freq/tx from FlDigi" checkbox in the "FlDigi Settings" windows of the Log4OM Communicator app?

73 de IZ3XNJ Stefano
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Newbbie questions about FlDigi integration

Post by G4POP »

We can only implement the XML/RPC features provided for logbook communication by FLDigi and at this time there seems to be very little development of this by the FLDigi developers. So answers to your questions are in line below
IZ3XNJ wrote:First question: when I set a callsign in FlDigi, there is a way to send this callsign to Log4OM to check if I've already connected him?
No there is not, unless you click a Log4OM spot to work someone in FLDigi
In the latest manual I read:
please note that changing frequency and mode in fldigi will not change the frequency and mode in log4om or any rig that is connected
so I guess I can not use the QSY button on Fldigi to automatically put a signal in the center on my RTX bandwidth... in fact the button is greyed
Correct
what it does means the "Read freq/tx from FlDigi" checkbox in the "FlDigi Settings" windows of the Log4OM Communicator app?
This is related to the frequency logged in FLDigi not the frequency displayed
73 Terry G4POP