Error in merge of ADIF

Regarding connecting to external program's.
oe4hds
Novice Class

Error in merge of ADIF

Post by oe4hds »

Hello,
I just discovered, that there is a bug when I merge an ADIF File within the QSL Manager.
Background is, that I made a program to print QSL cards directly from data exported via ADIF files from any logger program. The workflow is exporting ADIF from the logger (e.g. Log4OM), importing it into my software, print the QSL cards and export the data to ADIF and merge it into the logger. In the exportfile only fields are contained, that could have been changed by my program. For example <QSL_SENT> which is set to "Y" in my program, when you have printed the QSL cards.
The problem is, that Log4OM seems to set default values, when merging ADIF files. In my case it is the <QSL_RCVD>. In Log4OM this is Y before the merge. After the merge ist is N, even though this field is not in the ADIF file that is written by my program. Normally Log4OM should not handle fields that are not in the ADIF file and leave the value as they already are. This works fine for the <QSL_RCVD_VIA> for example, which is not in my export ADIF too and which is not touched by the merger in Log4OM. So please could anyone from the Log4OM team take a look at this issue?
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Error in merge of ADIF

Post by IW3HMH »

Can you send me your original export and the inbound merging file?
A single ADIF record is enough

Thanks
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH