Integrazione controllo tci

Regarding connecting to external program's.
iz8nwa
Novice Class

Integrazione controllo tci

Post by iz8nwa »

Sperando che un giorno possa accadere vorrei suggerirvi l integrazione per trasmettitori sunsdr per controllare la radio con protocollo tci. Log4om è uno splendido log ma implementando il tci sarebbe ancora più splendido con una chiave keyer per cw controllata sempre in tci tengo a sottolineare che sdc skimmer che si integra tutto in tci con log e finestra di telnet aggiuntiva. Attualmente vi seguo da tanto tempo ma non pultroppo non gestisco le radio sunsdr con questo log utilizzo loghx in tci e sdcskimmer tutto in tci con tutti gli spot che visualizzo sul display della radio provenienti dal cluster log dal cluster di sdc e spot dello skimmer. Sperando in giorno in queste integrazioni comunque vi seguo sempre.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: TCI control integration

Post by G4POP »

I fail to understand when there are so many standard methods of CAT interface used internationally by every ham radio software developers that ONE hardware manufacturer finds it necessary to try to introduce a different system, are they trying to re-invent the wheel?

Suddenly they expect all developers to stop what they are doing and rewrite their software to make it interface with just one radio or are they trying to limit the market place to just SUN users? - Total nonsense IMHO
73 Terry G4POP
IZ7AUH
Novice Class

Re: Integrazione controllo tci

Post by IZ7AUH »

Hi Terry,
looking this link about TCI and why many ham request this protocolo to Log4OM.... I mean it's a future solution...
https://eesdr.com/en/software-en/software-en

Best regards
Frank IZ7AUH
iw7dmh
Advanced Class

Re: TCI control integration

Post by iw7dmh »

G4POP wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 15:07 I fail to understand when there are so many standard methods of CAT interface used internationally by every ham radio software developers that ONE hardware manufacturer finds it necessary to try to introduce a different system, are they trying to re-invent the wheel?

Suddenly they expect all developers to stop what they are doing and rewrite their software to make it interface with just one radio or are they trying to limit the market place to just SUN users? - Total nonsense IMHO
I would not talk about standard if you need Omnirig to communicate with all the rigs out there. Maybe 80% of the Cat systems are dialects of the Kenwood one.
Anyway Expert, with its software, grants old style setup using serial ports and virtual audio cables. In addition it adds the TCI network protocol that isn't a mere cat control, it is a way to communicate with the rig handling cat, audio streams, i/q streams, cw macros, and in the future digital macros, just using a TCP/IP socket.
They are not reinventing the wheel, their are just one step forward.

73, iw7dmh