K1EL WinKeyer USB (SMT)

Regarding connecting to external program's.
G6VMR
Old Man

K1EL WinKeyer USB (SMT)

Post by G6VMR »

Hi All

Is there any update on integration of the Great K1EL WinKeyer USB.

If there is please remember the latest version and the earlier versions are slightly different.

I have the newest WKUSB-SMT and it does not work with HRD unless I upgrade (Don't want to do that).

I would just like to drive the memories and have keyboard entry etc like most contest logging programs.

Martin -G6VMR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: K1EL WinKeyer USB (SMT)

Post by G4POP »

Martin,
This has been on our to do list for some time and I have provided a Winkeyer USB for Daniele to use for setting up the program.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer because many of us would like this new feature, meanwhile I an using the K1EL software for my Winkeyer requirements.
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

i'm currently working on, but i need to be @home with rig attached to develop that part, so it's a slow process
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G6VMR
Old Man

Post by G6VMR »

Hi

I am also using K1EL software but really need integration. HRD v5 does not work with win-key USB. K1EL suggests upgrade to HRD 6. I really don't want upgrade to do that and wish stay here with log4OM.

Awaiting news as this would be a good win to be log4OM integrated
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I am also using K1EL software but really need integration. HRD v5 does not work with win-key USB. K1EL suggests upgrade to HRD 6. I really don't want upgrade to do that and wish stay here with log4OM.

Awaiting news as this would be a good win to be log4OM integrated

Hi ??

My answer has to be the same as my last post!

I sent Daniele a Winkeyer USB some time ago so it's just a case of waiting for him to get around to it.

Meanwhile I use the WK software from K1EL or MiXW

HRD/DM780 version 5.00 Build 2893 was working with Winkeyer when I Simon sold HRD, so HRDLLC must have screwed it up

I understand that HRD 5.0 no longer uploads or downloads from LOTW either?
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I hope i will have a beta version soon. I'm restructuring part of the software to be able to add this integration flawlessy, because will need a lot of changes in the communicator software...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G6VMR
Old Man

Post by G6VMR »

Thank You

Awaiting in anticipation.

Martin G6VMR
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

I would also welcome integration with WinKeyer USB and Log4OM. I just built a WinKey USB interface last week and worked my first contest with N1MM and WinKeyer last weekend. Would really welcome being able to use CW and WinKeyer within Log4OM with function key/macro buttons for common QSO functions, not to replace N!MM for contesting, but to the have the same logging functionality for working CW and CW DX QSO's from within Log4OM. BTW, N1MM would be a good model for how their function keys/button work with the ability to load and save different CW Function Key files for different uses.

Thanks!

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
VA3AG
Old Man

Post by VA3AG »

IW3HMH wrote:I hope i will have a beta version soon. I'm restructuring part of the software to be able to add this integration flawlessy, because will need a lot of changes in the communicator software...
Will the NanoKeyer (Uses K1EL protocol) work with Log4OM when K1EL WinKeyer support is available? Please let me know before I place my order for the NanoKeyer. It works with HRD am told so it should work with Log4OM!
Thanks in advance. Anyone on the forum using a NanoKeyer? Here is the link if more info is required:
http://nanokeyer.wordpress.com/nanokeyer-info

Aldo VA3AG
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

It should work with any keyer that conforms to the K1EL protocol but no garuntees because we don't have a Nano keyer to try.
73 Terry G4POP