K1EL WinKeyer USB (SMT)

Regarding connecting to external program's.
VA3AG
Old Man

Re: K1EL WinKeyer USB (SMT)

Post by VA3AG »

G4POP wrote:It should work with any keyer that conforms to the K1EL protocol but no garuntees because we don't have a Nano keyer to try.
Ok Terry understood! I think it will be ok so i am going to order the parts today.

thanks

Aldo VA3AG
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Ciao Daniele,

I have both, a WinKeyer built into my MicroHAM MKII, and a home built Nano keyer. I can test with both if necessary.

Claus, EI7JZ/OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
VA3AG
Old Man

Post by VA3AG »

EI7JZ wrote:Ciao Daniele,

I have both, a WinKeyer built into my MicroHAM MKII, and a home built Nano keyer. I can test with both if necessary.

Claus, EI7JZ/OE6CLD
Thanks Claus....I am sure it will work! Please confirm that it does and thank you in advance. I already have the NanoKeyer I am just waiting for the Arduino Nano V3.0 which is coming from China, hopefully will get here soon.
Ordered it Aug. 15/14 , the keyer was also ordered on the 15th. and I got it on the 19th. Please let me know how the Nanokeyer works with the K1EL protocol.

73 es tnx. again.
Aldo VA3AG
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Hello Aldo,

Let's wait for the alpha or beta version with this feature implemented and I will test with both keyers. Daniele mentioned that he needs to restructure part of the software to implement this and I think he is very busy at the moment.

Claus, EI7JZ/OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
VA3AG
Old Man

Post by VA3AG »

EI7JZ wrote:Hello Aldo,

Let's wait for the alpha or beta version with this feature implemented and I will test with both keyers. Daniele mentioned that he needs to restructure part of the software to implement this and I think he is very busy at the moment.

Claus, EI7JZ/OE6CLD
Hi Claus.....Got my Arduino Nano V3.0 from China today, I will be building the kit this weekend and will probably use it with Hrd (The last free version) and will see how it works. :) :D :D

Aldo VA3AG
VA3AG
Old Man

Post by VA3AG »

VA3AG wrote:
EI7JZ wrote:Hello Aldo,

Claus, EI7JZ/OE6CLD
Hi Claus.....Got my Arduino Nano V3.0 from China today, I will be building the kit this weekend and will probably use it with Hrd (The last free version) and will see how it works. :) :D :D

Hi Claus.....Finished building the NanoKeyer last night, programmed it today! all is working well. I tried it with Hrd "winkey" mode and it works Great!! No problem at all. It should work with Log4OM when Daniele gets around to writing the code to support Winkey. I am not too sure as to how to write to the memory buttons, have you programmed your memory buttons? if so would you give me a description of how to go about doing this?

Aldo VA3AG
F5LTH
Novice Class

Re: K1EL WinKeyer USB (SMT) and nanokeyer

Post by F5LTH »

Hello, i use a nanokeyer kit whith k1el emulation. It works well with wkdemo and N1MM but it doesnt with log4om. I ve tried with beta 2.30.1.5, it is not better.
I connect well the interface but the code is wrong. For exemple, when i send "T" from log4om, i heat "i".
I don't understand.

Pierre F5LTH
F5LTH
Novice Class

Post by F5LTH »

Hello, i,ve programmed memories buton whith WKdemo.

Pierre F5LTH
F5LTH
Novice Class

Post by F5LTH »

hello, I reinstalled the latest version of log4om (not the beta version).
I use nanokeyer from DJ0MY. It IS compatible with K1EL Keyer protocol.
I had a malfunction of the transmitted Morse code, after turning off my box for a few minutes. Now it is normal.
It works well with LOG4OM, N1MM and MIXW.

Pierre F5LTH