Band Map

Your ideas for making Log4OM even better.
K0HB
Old Man

Band Map

Post by K0HB »

A band map would be a nice addition, clickable to take you to the spot QRG.
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Band Map

Post by G4POP »

We have plans to enhance the existing clickable band map with a definable tuning scale at some point but its a little way off because there are many other things to do first - It's on our Mantis list
73 Terry G4POP
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi,

I also would love to have a band map within Log4OM but I don't think it will be necessary to invent (program) this over and over. A don't think anything comes close to Band Master from Alex VE3NEA (http://www.dxatlas.com/bandmaster/) and this program offers a COM/OLE interface.

Wouldn't it be easier just to provide an interface?

Thanks for this great program!

Claus, EI7JZ
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

EI7JZ wrote:Hi,

I also would love to have a band map within Log4OM but I don't think it will be necessary to invent (program) this over and over. A don't think anything comes close to Band Master from Alex VE3NEA (http://www.dxatlas.com/bandmaster/) and this program offers a COM/OLE interface.

Wouldn't it be easier just to provide an interface?

Thanks for this great program!

Claus, EI7JZ
Hi Claus,
Yes this is something we can discuss and perhaps is a possibility but we are still someway from getting to that.

I am fairly sure, but will check, that Bandmaster will work with a VSP so that is a temporary way you could use it!
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hi Claus,
I really must engage my brain before opening my mouth :D :D

Alex also provides Omnirig so Bandmaster already works 100% in unison with Log4OM if you are using Omnirig for CAT control. See the screen shot that I just grabbed.

Sorry for being a plonker :oops:
Attachments
Bandmaster.JPG
Bandmaster.JPG (293.89 KiB) Viewed 8227 times
73 Terry G4POP
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

Thanks Terry,
What a wonderful message! :D
Later I will install , because I was looking for it, now you give us the solution, thousand thanks for your message.
Have a nice day.

73 Manuel
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi Terry,

Thanks! I did not think about this myself :(

The best logging program with the best band map available, great! Now I only need some more support for awards (WAS, WAZ, DOK, WAE, ...) to be completely happy :)

Claus, EI7JZ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

EI7JZ wrote:The best logging program with the best band map available, great! Now I only need some more support for awards (WAS, WAZ, DOK, WAE, ...) to be completely happy :)

Claus, EI7JZ

All in good time we are working on many refinements and new features so eventually you will have what you wish for
73 Terry G4POP
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Last weekend I had the time to play with both Log4OM and Bandmap. Frequency integration was working fine, a double click on a spot in the bandmap resulted in a frequency change in Log4OM.

For a full integration I want Log4OM to take over the callsign I double clicked in the bandmap. It should work the same way like the build in cluster. I think there is some more work necessary to implement this interface but it still should be much easier than coding a complete bandmap from scratch. I also like the quick band change buttons available in Bandmap, they are working like a charm.

Claus, OE6CLD/EI7JZ