Missing "Others" Awards List

Moderator: OE6CLD

KE7B
Novice Class

Missing "Others" Awards List

Post by KE7B »

Although I have just conducted Settings > Awards Database > Download Updates, and then restarted Log4OM, my Utilities > Statistics and Awards > Others < Select Award drop-down list is empty. I assume that there should be a folder of .XML files somewhere that provides the parameters for the different awards and that the list would be drawn from that repository. The only thing I've found is an AppData/Roaming/Log4OM/AwardsLastUpdate.txt file with a timestamp matching the Download Updates request. Regardless, my Other Awards dropdown list is unpopulated.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (30.32 KiB) Viewed 13898 times
I've not used the Log4OM awards features in the two years I've been a Log4OM user (I've tracked my WAS, WAC, DXCC, and WAZ separately), but have recently suspected I may have completed a WAJA since I have ~800 JA QSO's logged.

Outside of removing Log4OM from my Win10Pro64 machine and reinstalling, is there a trick to restoring the Other Awards list? I'm running Version 1.30.0.0.

Thank you for any guidance,
73 John KE7B
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Missing "Others" Awards List

Post by G4POP »

That's Odd!

Do you have any files in your C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\LogOM\awards folder?

What was the last Log4OM version installed before you upgraded to 1.30?
73 Terry G4POP
KE7B
Novice Class

Post by KE7B »

My /awards folder doesn't exist.

Before 1.30, it was 1.29. I've stayed current whenever there's been a new release. I just installed a fresh 1.30 on a 2nd PC and it also doesn't have an /awards folder, but it does display the awards.

:shock:
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KE7B wrote: 28 Dec 2017, 15:37 My /awards folder doesn't exist.

Before 1.30, it was 1.29. I've stayed current whenever there's been a new release. I just installed a fresh 1.30 on a 2nd PC and it also doesn't have an /awards folder, but it does display the awards.

:shock:
That is OK because we transferred the main awards to the exe some time ago.

Check in your C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\LogOM folder to see if there is an xml file named something like user_awards.xml, if there is delete it
73 Terry G4POP
KE7B
Novice Class

Post by KE7B »

Nope, no such file is present. Only the required awards.xml file, which contains the definitions for the DXCC, WAS, et al, conventional awards. The "Others" drop down remains empty.

I have also run the Clear Custom Awards Database command under Settings > Awards Database. No change; no Others listed.

Running the Awards Update does produce the "Confirm AWARDS update download" window and creates a AwardsLastUpdate.txt file (which contains those "Other" awards), but it still doesn't allow the program to display them in the drop down list.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You will need to try an uninstall and fresh install

MAKE A BACKUP
73 Terry G4POP
KE7B
Novice Class

Post by KE7B »

Done, and capability restored. Thank you, although I wish I knew WHAT was wrong initially and why reinstalling was the solution....akin to why the 3-finger salute (CTL-ALT-DEL) is often the only recourse, hi hi.
:roll:
73 John KE7B
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Probably a bad download or install
73 Terry G4POP