Cluster data. Is it being updated?

va3vf
Advanced Class

Cluster data. Is it being updated?

Post by va3vf »

Hello,

New user here.

The spots in the cluster (F8) window appears to be refreshing, but the spots' time do not seem to indicate that. For example, it's 4:21 UTC as I write this post, and yet the 'newest' spot displayed says 2:42 UTC.

When I open the Cluster Management window and select management tab, I see the spots flowing with the correct time.

Hopefully the description is clear.

Thanks for your help.

Great software.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Cluster data. Is it being updated?

Post by IW3HMH »

Yes, it's clear.
sort is made by an internal timestamp registered at the receiving time. I should check that
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Got it, fixed, will be released with next release
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

IW3HMH wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 11:40 Got it, fixed, will be released with next release
Grazie, Daniele.

Vincenzo, VA3VF
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

IW3HMH wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 11:40 Got it, fixed, will be released with next release
Hi Daniele,

Installed version 2.1.0.0, and the problem is still there.

It's 12:47 UTC but the time in the Cluster (F8) is still 12:23. This session started at 12:18 UTC. Spots are scrolling in the Management tab with the correct time.

73 de Vince.
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Upon installing version 2.1.0.0, my cluster is now frozen. The actual cluster in the Management tab is marching along just fine, but all my cluster views are stuck in the same place where I logged off last night using the previous version. Downgraded and all works fine. Reinstalled 2.1.0.0, and still no cluster movement. 73, Herb WB8ASI
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Reinstalled a few more times, and now its working. Nothing is different. No idea why is was hung up, but all is well now.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Guys, I've been able to replicate the issue with spots not appearing on the cluster while being received in the Cluster Management window. I've captured relevant data and logs and forwarded it to Daniele. Hopefully we can track it down quickly and smash this bug.

In the mean time, try a restart of the app.

Thanks for your patience!

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Thanks Doug, I was just writing to report I'm still experience cluster problems. Glad you can replicate the problem. I finally got cluster running on a Win7 32-bit machine, but still no luck with Win10 64-bit. I've downloaded several times, and rebooted, etc. Nothing seems to get the cluster screen moving. On the Management screen I can see the actual cluster running spots nicely. When first making the connection to the cluster, I see a few spots with the current correct time for a few seconds, then it fills the screen and freezes with spots from yesterday. Hope that helps with your detective work. Previous V2 version worked great. Surprised nobody else is reporting this problem. Must be something with the timestamp mentioned earlier in this thread??? Good luck, and Thanks Again, Herb
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Thanks Herb,

One thing you can try. On the computer where the spots are not appearing on the Cluster. Go into your Configuration folder, (Help, Open config folder) then the User folder, and delete all the Layout_xxxxx files. Then restart the program. See if that restores the operating Cluster.

Please let me know if this works. Thanks!

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA