Cluster data. Is it being updated?

NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster data. Is it being updated?

Post by NN7D »

Herb,
Try removing the Sh/dx 30 command, then restart v2. See then if you have old spots in the cluster.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Herb you're precious as you can reproduce the issue in your environment.
Cluster spot maximum life is determined by the spot receive date, that is the timestamp of first spot reception through telnet channel, no matter the date is reported in the spot itself. It's definitely an user interface thing as for functions seems working correctly.

I've made some optimizations in a new alpha version, mainly on concurrency side. Are you interested on testing it? Unfortunately until I cannot reproduce that issue I'm blind...

Thanks
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

IW3HMH wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 06:56 Are you interested on testing it?
Could you send it to me as well?

Thanks,

Vince
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

I'd be happy to test. Will also remove the SH/DX 30 per Doug's suggestion.
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

The cluster is flowing well this morning. I watched for a couple of the old frozen spots to appear at 1521Z and 1527Z and they DID NOT show up. Hoping the old spots have finally cleared themselves out. Not good for testing tho if I cannot replicate anymore. I'll keep an eye on it, and see if the problem resurfaces. Those frozen spots (approx 40) we're all from last weekend while I was setting up V2 for the first time. I never saw any new problems since then. I must have corrupted something that got stuck. I was also amidst several JTAlert beta updates going on to keep up with the new V2. So hoping it's all history now. Anyways, I'll shovel the snow out of my driveway then be back to start introducing the secondary cluster server, and CC User, and maybe the SH/MYDX 30. I thought I needed the SH/MYDX so that I would be sure and get my CC User filters, but what I'm seeing now had my filters being used without any SH command. 73, Herb WB8ASI
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

WB8ASI wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 15:47 The cluster is flowing well this morning. I watched for a couple of the old frozen spots to appear at 1521Z and 1527Z and they DID NOT show up. Hoping the old spots have finally cleared themselves out. Not good for testing tho if I cannot replicate anymore. I'll keep an eye on it, and see if the problem resurfaces. Those frozen spots (approx 40) we're all from last weekend while I was setting up V2 for the first time. I never saw any new problems since then. I must have corrupted something that got stuck. I was also amidst several JTAlert beta updates going on to keep up with the new V2. So hoping it's all history now. Anyways, I'll shovel the snow out of my driveway then be back to start introducing the secondary cluster server, and CC User, and maybe the SH/MYDX 30. I thought I needed the SH/MYDX so that I would be sure and get my CC User filters, but what I'm seeing now had my filters being used without any SH command. 73, Herb WB8ASI
Herb,

Should not have to have used the SH command when you set filters. They will do their work as spots flow. You can encourage with the SH command, but it is not necessary.

BTW - testing changes with cluster now. I think you will quite enjoy the update. Stay tuned.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Herb,

Glad to hear the issue is past.

But to reiterate, the Sh/dx xx or Sh/MyDX xx commands are ONLY to show PAST or Historical spots. They have no bearing on future spots which flow in.

Quoting from the CC Cluster Command website - http://bcdxc.org/ve7cc/ccc/CCC_Commands.htm

SHow/DX --- Shows last 30 spots
SHow/DX/<number> --- Shows that number of spots. SH/DX/100
SHow/MYDX --- Shows last 30 spots allowed by your filter settings
SHow/MYDX/<number> --- Shows that number of spots allowed by your filter. SH/MYDX/100

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

I'm just leaving the SH/DX off for now since things are running smoothly. I had guessed that there were about 40 troublesome frozen spots. Never actually counted them, but now really starting to wonder if there were actually 30 from my SH/myDX 30 command. All seems back to normal. So much more to play with in V2 functionality. Never have used CAT other than my FT8 connections. So my next adventure is to learn about OmniRig. Thanks so much for your help. 73, Herb WB8ASI