Cluster data. Is it being updated?

NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster data. Is it being updated?

Post by NN7D »

Thanks Herb!

So tell me your cluster setup, if you would. Are you connecting directly to CC User from V2, or just have it running separately? Which cluster(s) are you using?

BTW, I was able to experience the no spots issue last night, connected directly to VE7CC and CC User not running. But now can't get it to do it again. Maddening!

Thanks,

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Currently have V2 connected directly to VE7CC-1 as Primary and AE5E secondary. CC User is not currently running. Glad you saw the problem so you don't think I'm totally crazy. I was trying to have CC User running and having it connected to VE7CC-1. Then have V2 connect to 127.0.0.1:7300. Or is it better to connect V2 to ve7cc.net??? RIght now I'm showing spots flowing, but my connection shows no active servers. Go figure. TIme to reboot.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Herb,

I've set up the cluster both ways. My current setup is to connect directly to VE7CC and only use CC User to fine tune filters. Seems a bit less fidely. But I don't think any of that is related to the issue of no spots in cluster.
For simplify with this issue, I would recommend connecting directly to the cluster from V2, until we figure it out.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

OK. Don't know why my active servers disappeared, but I added them back. VE1CC-1 primary and AE5E secondary, both directly to V2 with No CC User. All the frozen spots from a couple days ago have reappeared (looks like a batch of a couple dozen), but current time is now after them so they are scrolling down the screen as new spots are added. The old ones are showing the current date. Maybe they are stuck with "current date" stamp and keep moving ahead day to day, thus they reappear when their frozen hours near the current time??? Where is the Cluster history file??? Maybe if I delete it and start fresh???
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Sorry about being pain, but think we're making progress. The batch of frozen spots are now rolling off the bottom of the cluster set with age 30min. I bet they reappear in a few hours. I'll report back after 0000Z.
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Got it in pictures.......1st shows cluster rolling along perfectly at 2359.
cluster2359.JPG
cluster2359.JPG (202.69 KiB) Viewed 3980 times
Cluster continued to run fine after 0001. I closed V2. Then reopened V2 and there was NO cluster connection. The active servers had disappeared in connection setup. I reinstalled the servers, and reconnected. The same batch of frozen spots returned with same time from a couple days ago, but now are dated 20200123. Picture at 0005.
cluster0005.JPG
cluster0005.JPG (192.28 KiB) Viewed 3980 times
Scrolled down to bottom of frozen spots (now appearing as future spots). There are about 40 such spots. Picture at 0007.
cluster0007.JPG
cluster0007.JPG (185.22 KiB) Viewed 3980 times
Maybe take a look at what you had replicated, and you probably have your frozen ones back in this new day. Think this should shed a light on the problem. I know the JTAlert HamApps folks are having trouble with V2 date/time now being a single value rather than the V1 single value. Might be related. Also, why do the active servers disappear upon date change. Thanks, Herb
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Thanks Herb. Good captures.

Would you now post your Cluster connection screen, with each cluster's Initialization Commands?

My hunch is that you have an initialization command like Sh/DX 100 or Sh/MyDX 100 for one or more of your clusters. Keep in mind that those commands show PAST spots, and are not affected by the Cluster Maximum Age settings in the Cluster tab of the Configuration settings. They will stay around until they fall off the bottom of the cluster display!

So, to find out, try commenting out any Sh/DX or Sh/Mydx xxx command. I would also connect to only one cluster until we figure this out. See if that helps.

No idea why the clusters disappears, but lets try above, then we can look at the clusters.

Let me know, Thanks!

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Yes, I have added the "my" into the strings for each server on each computer so my CC Users will function. I will delete the "my" and delete the second "AE5E", and shutdown the extra computer. I have set different SSIDs for all, but maybe something is getting cross-connected. I will be only WB8ASI-1 connected to VE1CC.net to VE1CC-1. No CC User. That should clean things up. BTW, I have scrolled down in the cluster, and have made a few contacts tonight with all working perfectly with JTAlert Beta. Everything logging smoothly. Love the DX Call from JTAlert bringing up to QSO info on the V2 screen. This is fantastic. Good job and thanks to your whole Team. I have left V1 in the dust (well, it's still close by), and moving forward. Just gotta work thru some expected bugs. Here's my setup before my changes....
servers.JPG
servers.JPG (82.13 KiB) Viewed 3973 times
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

The only initialization commands I have are: <callsign> and <password>.

Going through all the previous messages, looks like it's the same problem I have, now that more observation time has passed.

I tried different clusters to make sure it was not the one I was using that was causing the problem, but it happens with the other 4 clusters I tried as well.
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Doug, My easy chair computer Win7 32-bit is OFF. Win10 64-bit is On in the shack. Cluster currently steaming nicely with a few frozen spots rolling down, but mostly good fresh spots coming in. Early in the day, and most of the frozen spots are later, yet they are no longer visible on the screen. Maybe they are gone, or maybe they will reappear when their "time" is due???
I think I'll just let this thing run all night and hope for the best, cuz I'm thinking if I log off and back in, they will all reappear. They are hiding there somewhere LOL. Here's my latest setup. VE7CC.net only. No CC User. No "my". Shack computer only. Only weak spot I see is that this computer (in the shack Win10 64-bit) gives me problems when trying to send you an update over the Log4OM Group. I'll try again, but will copy and send from easy chair laptop if needed. Don't think it's a Red Herring, but wonder what is going on. Both computers have signs of same problem, but a little different. Thanks for hanging in there with me. Daniele might have some kind of award for your customer service. 73, Herb
test.PNG
test.PNG (41.1 KiB) Viewed 3972 times
cluster 0343.PNG
cluster 0343.PNG (67.82 KiB) Viewed 3972 times
sever0348.PNG
sever0348.PNG (37.52 KiB) Viewed 3972 times