Slow response

4Z1ZV
Advanced Class

Slow response

Post by 4Z1ZV »

Log4OM2 provide very useful information for each new QSO.

However, response time from call sign keyed to get information (including worked before) is extremely slow compare to Log4OM1. During "search" time, the previous information is displayed which may mislead.

I tried to change the external resources and information providers - no major change.

Access the qrz.com or hamQTH on web is immediate, so I guess it is not internet connection speed.

I would suggest to display whatever information is already available rather than wait for all collections.

I also not get the nice picture/graphic display on the very left box of the QSO.
4Z1ZV
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Slow response

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi, we don't experience slow issues during our checks. Can you kindly check if something is going bad in your log file? sometime exceptions may slow down process, that is almost instantaneous.
How many QSO did you have on your log?
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
4Z1ZV
Advanced Class

Post by 4Z1ZV »

Hi,

I attached a clean log file from the last boot.
The average time to get information from qrz.com is over 7 Sec, sometimes even over a minute.

However - web access is immediate.

The number of QSO in DB is less than 1,500.

Also, I do not get the graphica on the very left side of the QSO window.
Attachments
LOG4OM2_log_UI_20200119.log
(28.51 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
4Z1ZV
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Zvi,

If you do not have an active subscription with QRZ.com you won't be able to download the image and some other data from their database.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
4Z1ZV
Advanced Class

Post by 4Z1ZV »

OK. Just to verify, I totally disabled qrz.com services and defined only HamQTH.
Same same long delay.

It is probably has to do with specific configuration of my computer as I installed it on different computer with qrz.com ONLY and it works OK.
4Z1ZV